Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,294 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Today I started restoration of my 02 tundra SR5 extended cab. It wouldn't pass NY inspection due to IM monitors not ready even after 1500 miles of drive cycles. I yanked the box off to make it easier to work on gas tank exhaust leak etc. Come to find outy tank is shot and I have been on sites trying to get all that I need. Rockers , cab corners, o2 sensors,new gas tank with filler neck. How come my truck comes sto k with a 26.4 gallon tank and only ones I find new on ever damn site only sells a 18.5 gallon that says it will fit? I don't want a smaller tank, but unless I buy salvaged I can find nobody selling a 26.4 gallon tank. Stupid if you ask me. Also looking for cab corners and rocker panels but having a hard time finding any. Help

·
Registered
875 Posts
Is anyone concerned carrying that much fuel and pulling a trailer might cause a suspension problem and especially a problem on the tank side? My trailer only weighs 3500 lbs but If I pulled very far or often I would definitely need air bags.
I like my SUMOSprings . Ride very nice loaded an un loaded

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey everyone, just got back from a week long camping trip pulling my 30 ft travel trailer. My 2015 Tundra Limited, double cab, 4X4 performed flawlessly. My only complaint is that I had to fill up a lot on the road.

I have searched the forum and was wondering if anyone has installed a 2016 38 gallon tank on their 2014-2015 Tundra yet? I have also looked at the Tranferflow option, but from what I see, it won't pass smog in CA.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
It well not fit the Truck was designed specifically for the 2016 on up, As I looked into it at the dealer and traded in my 2015 an 2016 now a 2020 TRD SPORT.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts