Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That should get a few WTF's. Lol

I finally ordered a set of them for my truck and they just showed up today. WOW they're a little bigger than I even expected. Here's a pic of them beside the 35x12.50's for my Jeep.
Font Tire Automotive wheel system Auto part Advertising

Tire Synthetic rubber Tread Automotive tire Auto part

Body mount here I come!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Please post pics of before, during & after!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I already have a 7" lift man. It shouldn't really take much to get them to clear. I just couldn't resist posting about them on a leveling kit because of the will it fit posts I see all the time.

I do plan to get some pics and note whatever it takes to clear them though. I've not been able to find much about anyone running these tires. I guess most folks go M/T with tires once they get this big.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Do it!!
I like the 6" lift 37 inch tires a lot on the tundra. Only if they made a duratrac in a 37

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I did the inner fender mod and it still rubbed. Took the plastics piece out completely and it still rubbed. Took the bumper off completely and now it doesn't. Now I have to decide if I want to hack up my bumper or go ahead and get a body lift.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Only if they made a duratrac in a 37
I sure wish. I already have the largest Duratracs they make for a 18" wheel and now they're going to look small again. :p

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I may end up trimming the bumper. Dunno yet. The tire is rubbing the tabs that the bumper mounts to the fog light housing on.

I'm back at the tire shop waiting for it to open. I let them use the beads to balance the tires and I'm not getting good results so far. I drove it 100 miles and it still feels like I'm riding the rumble strip on the interstate.

·
"BHLM Master"
3,232 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update- I got them to clear the bumper. It took a fair amount of cutting but they clear now. I had to cut the outer tab off the bumper and mount. I also trimmed the hell out of the inner fender plastic. I cut it flush with where it folds over and made a new mounting hole in it with it pushed up to match the bumper.

Auto part Automotive exterior Bumper Fender Vehicle
Tire Automotive tire Auto part Automotive wheel system Soil

My next problem is the sway bar. The Zone lift includes brackets to lower the entire sway bar assembly. These tires rub the sway bar. Now I'll need to source some longer links and put the sway bar back up where belongs.

Auto part Bumper Automotive exterior

I've not noticed rubbing the body mount any while driving. I suspect that after I take care of the sway bar rubbing it will allow the tires to make it to the body mount. Initially I thought I was rubbing the bumper and body mount and had somehow completely overlooked the sway bar. It should be a simple bolt on fix once I source the links though.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Na, next you need some 12" wide wheels to spread that rubber out properly.

Looks good

1 - 20 of 21 Posts