Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read enough posts here to believe 35s should fit fine. I have 33x11.5s with the LRO 3/1 now, and just not seeing how I could fit the 35x12.5s without the front tires rubbing behind the tire. Any help here? Is it the Duratrac tire tread being different or am I just getting confused and not seeing how something will work out?

If it makes a difference I'm putting a 5" lift with shims on soon. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I don't think we could do 35's with the +12 offset from the Jesters, though I think someone on here did +14 offset somehow, though every truck fits a little different.

I think my closest contact (besides the front plastic) is the rear body mount which seems to have less clearance on the passenger side.

If you're getting 7" lift w/ shims I would think you'd be fine. You gonna get Duratracs again?

Reactions: JEMGN

·
Registered
861 Posts
I currently am running 35s (295/65/20) and I rub occasionally on the body mount. I am on a 3-1 leveling kit as well. Thats with front mud flaps removed and part of the front plastics.

Best bet is to go 34s. However, your tire selection is only with two manufacturers. Nitto or Toyo.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Off set and tire width. Without the extra lift you mention you are not going to get a 12.5 in. tire to fit. If my memory is correct if a +45 to +50 wheel was made a 12.5 would be really close to fitting, but it would most likely still rub with a 3/1 lift. I have the 20 in. limited wheel and read on Toytech web page that a 285-65-20 (34.7 x 9.5) was the largest tire that would fit. I did measurements and concluded that it is so close that they would not advertise this if it was not true. I posted this. These are real measurements. Not I already purchased it and want it to fit so badly that I will say it only rubs when I turn. Rubbing is not fitting.
http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-wheels-tires/88918-creating-wheel-well-clearence.html

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/will-fit/73661-official-thread-tire-answers-all-setups-14.html
post 197

The new lift sounds like a good idea.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New lift & ici bumper are getting ordered as soon as I here back from SVCustoms today or tomorrow. Shims & shackles ordered yesterday from Coachbuilder.

So will the lift raise the body mount to clear the tire? Not visualizing that for some reason. If not is the mount able to be altered? I really don't feel like adding new wheels to the list too. Ha!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reactions: theoat

·
Registered
574 Posts
I do not know for sure about clearing the rear body mount of the front wheel well. I would think it would clear. If not I have read where guys that have cutting and welding skills notch the frame brace and weld it back up so it still does its job.

Reactions: theoat and JEMGN

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok here's a couple better pics as I was just out there looking. So will be subtracting 3" but adding 6" on the lift, so the mount should be sitting around 21.5 through 23 inches I think. If you follow straight up it looks like it would clear, no? I hate the price of tires and the stress buying them brings. :lol:

·
Oct 2009 ToTM Winner
1,863 Posts
your offset is killing your clearance, with a +30 you could fit the 35's (34.6").

due to tire dimensions being slightly different you may need to cut back the body mount a touch. Also you may rub on the sway bar but being that it is a round bar and won't do anything so that won't matter (you could remove it like me to handle better off road)

·
Registered
574 Posts
You do not show anything touching but maybe there is more turning left available. It appears you have a 1/4 in. clearance at the closest point. Do they actually touch or are you afraid of only 1/4 in. clearance? I only have 1/4 in. clearances at the back and to the spring tower. I was able to get about 3/4 in. in the front. Mine do not rub but mine are not 12.5 wide either. I think mine are 11.2 total width.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
What are you going to do with the current ones? Keep them as a winter set? Sell them?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Duratrac only comes in a 325/60R20 if your wanting to run a 20" rim. Works out to be 35.6 tall and 13.0 wide. Toyo runs short at 34.6 . Even with +30 offset I chopped my body mount and did the fender liner mod. Yes they are expensive but no other semi mud terrain will compare to the snow flake rating on the Duratrac. If you dont encounter snow and would just like a good looking tire then thats upto you to cough up the extra coin for the Duratrac. They are usually on most if not all company trucks up in the oil because they handle the winter well and still are a bit aggressive for when the mud is around.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
125 Posts
body mount & liner mod no rub with 35x12.50 procomps (+18 offset) , just switched to toyo at2s 35x12.5 very slight rub on fender liner since they're a little taller. (+18 offset)

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
back from the dead.

Was gonna try to fit the 325/60/20s on my crew max, im rocking a 3" spacer and CB 2+ with 305/55/20s and jester +12

Im gonna have the OME 613( 3.5-4") and 1.5 AAL (and maybe use the 2+ CB as well with the AAL)

Im curious if i could could away with the new bigger rubber with a body mount chop. ill already have a demello bumper on so clearance should be okay?

·
Registered
124 Posts
back from the dead.

Was gonna try to fit the 325/60/20s on my crew max, im rocking a 3" spacer and CB 2+ with 305/55/20s and jester +12

Im gonna have the OME 613( 3.5-4") and 1.5 AAL (and maybe use the 2+ CB as well with the AAL)

Im curious if i could could away with the new bigger rubber with a body mount chop. ill already have a demello bumper on so clearance should be okay?

Chop the body mount

1 - 17 of 17 Posts