Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I looked at hundreds of boost gauges last week and couldn't make up my mind. So while at the local parts store I picked up this Sunpro for $25 until I find a better one. It came with a gauge plate that happens to bolt directly into the ashtray area. This may only work on a bench seat truck because the ashtray might be in a different location?

Here's a few teaser pics I just took while test fitting. It came with some hard line and funky fittings, but I am going to get some 3/16 rubber fuel line and a female 1/8"NPT to 3/16 barb fitting for the back of the gauge, hence the $35.

I bent the tab a little to angle it up to where I can see it a little better.

Pretty good view from the drivers seat.

I still have to run the boost reference line, tap into the ash tray light for the gauge light and tuck the wires up above. I'll get some video and post some feedback on the actual gauge once I get it finished.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Man, my 07 doesnt have that ashtray area. Thats a great idea for the boost guage location. I have no choice but to mount my BG to the steering column..

·
Registered
943 Posts
Just saw you have a RCSB with the bench seats. That is gonna be one fast truck with some weight reductions. I also looked forever for a boost guage and still don't have one. Your install looks good.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just saw you have a RCSB with the bench seats. That is gonna be one fast truck with some weight reductions. I also looked forever for a boost guage and still don't have one. Your install looks good.
Yes. I searched far and wide for a bench seat RCSB. The tow package kinda kills the weight though.

Thanks! Not quite as clean as my AFR gauge in the coin slot, but for the cost and ease of install i give it an 8. :)

Even if the gauge proves to be a POS, I can use the plate and put a better one there. I know Rijon makes a plate for this area but it look the gauge would be angled down with his plate(COULD BE WRONG) and it's around $130. His doeas look cleaner though.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Nice, im still trying to find a good spot for mine (i dont have that ashtray). Anyone else have any pics of where theve mounted a guage?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts