Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will 33 inch tires fit a TRD Off Road CrewCab with no other mods....no lift, no spacing, etc.? I'm considering trading my Ram with 20 inch wheels and 33 inch tires for a new Tundra. The stock tries on the Tundra just don't seem to look right.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
You can run a 275/70/18 on a stock setup. That's 33.3"x11". I ran that setup for about a month before having my leveling kit installed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Oops....I really meant P275/70 R18. The service manager at my Toyota dealership said that I would have to install a leveling kit to move up even one tire size.

So no problems at all with the P275/70 R18 and clearance without a lift kit? I should mention that I am an "old guy". Been messin' with cars and trucks since the mid 1960's. After raising and lowering various cars and trucks, I have learned the hard way that sometimes a "stock" suspension set up is very much OK.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Had no issues with mine in that size, and countless others with the same results. Every truck is slightly different, but you should be fine running that size stock.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
and you'll wonder how you ever got by without it when you do finally bring a tundra home!
Hate to admit it but I have had three Ram Hemi's. Liked them all, but the quality of the paint on my last one was not all that good. Since 1992 my wife has had five Tacomas. All of them were great trucks...no paint problems what-so-ever. Might be time for me to go completely over to the "Toyota side".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts