Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if a 305/55/20 tire will fit on a 2014+ Tundra with 20x9 +25mm offset wheels running stock suspension WITHOUT major modifications? If I have to remove the front mud flaps that's fine, I just want to avoid skid plate and body mount changes. I also want to keep the fender lining as it's clearly there for a reason. I plan on doing 6112s up front in the future but trying to figure out if I can wait on that or do it all at once?

Tire I'm looking at is the Toyo Open Country ATII since the BFGoodrich won't be available in that size until September this year. That tire measures in at 33.2"x12.4".

All help is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went to one of the local dealers today and checked out some of the trucks they have running 305s. While most of them did have a spacer lift in the front, it looks like they either trimmed the skid plate or removed it altogether in all instances. They of course removed front mud flaps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the exact setup you are talking about on mine, however I have a 3/1 LRO lift. I think you would be pushing your luck with that setup on a stock suspension. Hard bumps and tight turns will cause rubbing. You'd definitely be removing front flaps (no biggie) and cutting out the fender well areas were definite rubbing will occur. Just my .02. Good luck!

·
Registered
545 Posts
The XSPs come with BBS wheels with a 305/50 and they do not have a spacer lift or anything.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
i think it will rub a little, just do the lift at the same time to be safe

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just as a future thought for anyone else deciding between the Toyos and BFGs, the BFGs are 12 lbs lighter per tire so I decided to go that route even though they have been discontinued and replaced by the K02. Unfortunately, the K02s won't be available in 305/55/20 until September 2015.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The XSPs come with BBS wheels with a 305/50 and they do not have a spacer lift or anything.
my buddy's 2015 XSP came with 285/55-20s

·
Registered
545 Posts
my buddy's 2015 XSP came with 285/55-20s
XSP or XSP-X? also there is an XP package also.

The XSPs on the 07-11ish was a BBS or JTI wheels with 305/50/R20. I believe when the XSP-X came out they changed the rims and look of the package and went with a more AT tire.

·
Registered
226 Posts
XSP or XSP-X? also there is an XP package also.

The XSPs on the 07-11ish was a BBS or JTI wheels with 305/50/R20. I believe when the XSP-X came out they changed the rims and look of the package and went with a more AT tire.
I didn't realize that. You're correct, he has the XSP-X package which has the 285/55 AT tires. My XP package has 275/60-20 AT tires

·
Registered
39 Posts
Had to remove mud flaps in front wheel wells and push the inner liner in a bit. After that no rubbing. Suspension is 6112s on highest setting up front and 5160s with +2 shackle out back. Tires are BFG KO2 in 305/55/20.
no skid plate issues?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Honestly, I had it all installed at once so don't know if they needed to trim or bend the skid plate. Mine is the Platinum so it doesn't have the TRD skid plate either. However, if it was bent back it was very little. I did do a lot of research prior to putting it all together and thought I would need to trim the skid plate going in. I told the place that installed my suspension to go ahead and trim or bend the skid plate as necessary.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Had to remove mud flaps in front wheel wells and push the inner liner in a bit. After that no rubbing. Suspension is 6112s on highest setting up front and 5160s with +2 shackle out back. Tires are BFG KO2 in 305/55/20.
Do you happen to have pictures of your front wheel well inner liner?

·
Registered
16 Posts

Whats your wheel offset?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the exact setup you are talking about on mine, however I have a 3/1 LRO lift. I think you would be pushing your luck with that setup on a stock suspension. Hard bumps and tight turns will cause rubbing. You'd definitely be removing front flaps (no biggie) and cutting out the fender well areas were definite rubbing will occur. Just my .02. Good luck!
So, with the 3/1, you do not have any issues? no rubbing on bumps or turns?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts