Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running 3" of lift in the front w/ 3" shackles in the rear? I just ordered coachbuilders 3" shackles and will be getting the OME 612's next week. So can anyone give me a preview of this set up? :D
Trying to make sure I won't have too much rake.
Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Post up pics when you get everything installed. I've been curious about that setup myself.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
Rides nice...for a 6000 pound truck with offroad suspension. It may be just a hair stiffer than the TRD suspension was but not really noticeable. All of the pics in that thread with the new wheels are from before the air bags so they were with the OME 612's and the +3 shackles only.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The Airlift 5k# capacity bags will give you a min. 1" lift in rear with the recommended 5# minimum air pressure . On my 07 SR5 DC 8 foot bed with Bilstein 5100s all round and fronts at the lowest setting ,which is 7/8 in. over stock I had at least a one in. rear to front rake . Removed Firestone Airlifts and truck is level . I started with front 5100s at top setting for close to 3" lift . I don`t know if the 5100s in rear give any lift by themselves or not . I would not think so as they have no means to adjust height as do the fronts . I have used other gas filled shocks that have given a bit of lift even though as a direct replacement shock no lift was stated or advertised .
The first I ever used was in 1980 a Mickey Thompson nitrogen gas pressure shock made in Italy for a Ford E150 that gave about 1/2 in. lift that along with a Quickor front anti sway bar made a tremendous handeling improvement . The 5100s came on truck when I bought it and I just did not want or need the extra lift . I will probably replace the front 5100s with the standard blue and yellow Bilsteins and get the front down another 7/8 in .

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
That's how its done spankee!!!! Damn good looking truck. Sits perfect. I also have a blue streak limited cm. Only difference is I have the trd so I've got the 18's. I was hesitant to level mine with stock tires but that looks awesome! The exact set up I was looking to do. Thank you sir!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yep. That looks good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.