Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone so as the title says had the leveling kit put on today. Got my tires mounted /aligned and having rubbing issues in the front wheel well liner. Removed the front flap and still rubbing. I don’t want to start hacking on the liners, so anyone have any recommendations. Don’t think the tire place will take back and switch me for a size smaller. Any help would be very appreciated. As bad as it sounds this whole thing has me kind of bummed.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
You can try heating and molding the liners instead of cutting them..

When does it rub?
Every turn or full lock?
Forward and reverse?

I've been researching 285/65/20s for my next purchase.
Seems about 70% of what I read said they would rub.
I think I'll try a 285/60/20.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Got some pics? Sounds like you need to push the liner FWD.

Limited choices in a 285/60 and IMO dont look as good as a 275/65. I parked next to a new
Ram 2500 with 285/60 Firestone's and my 275/65 Terra Grapplers looked way bigger even though
there is only a .5" difference.

There will be only a lil skid plate rub with 275's which is an easy fix.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I got 35s on mine and I just removed the lower part of the liner. At work we just re drill a hole for the liner and push it back but I did not feel like messing with it. No rubbing issues with mine

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got some pics? Sounds like you need to push the liner FWD.

Limited choices in a 285/60 and IMO dont look as good as a 275/65. I parked next to a new
Ram 2500 with 285/60 Firestone's and my 275/65 Terra Grapplers looked way bigger even though
there is only a .5" difference.

There will be only a lil skid plate rub with 275's which is an easy fix.
I can take pics in the morning. The liner needs pushed in and or cut but every time I start to want to do it I don’t want to mess with it. I’m afraid I’ll jack it all up and for some stupid reason I just don’t want to cut on it. I’m suppose to have the KO2’s in a 285/60/20put on tomorrow. Hopefully it will clear without modification. Also my truck is a Limited and doesn’t have a skid plate. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.