Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a 2014 Toyota Tundra SR5 I replaced the alternator and battery. But the volts were still jumping. So I replaced the alternator for the 2nd time and i am still getting the volts to jump and the guys at O’ Reilly’s just returned my money and told me to go to autozone if I wanted another alternator and mins you both alternator were remanufacture. So before I try for a 3rd alternator and a new one this time( haven’t bought it yet still thinking about it). I check the fuses and relays they seem good. Any ideas before I take it to the dealership.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Do you have any aftermarket toys on the vehicle - stereo, amplifiers, fog or off road lights, winch, etc?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Try cleaning your battery terminals and checking that your grounds are tight and corrosion free. The ground from the battery to the chassis and from the engine to the chassis are most important, but not the only suspects.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.