Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What backspacing would I need to have on aftermarket rims to be able to fit 295 70 18 nitto Terra grapplers with my ready lift 3/2 kit on my 08 DC TRD?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there any offset that will work best for no rubbing? What's the stock offset?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TRD 18" sr5 wheels

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I know the stockers work but I'm confused as to what width rim and what offset in the aftermarket to shop for with this tire size that will fit without rubbing issues.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Mine are 18x9 +12 offset. I'm close to both my front fender and the body mount with my 3/1. To be sure of no rubbing stick with at most +18. Safe bet would be +35.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: snowtoy8

·
Registered
1,069 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
mine are on a 25+ backspace and barley stick out any they did rub on the mud flaps and a tiny bit on the splash guard when backing up

Reactions: snowtoy8

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same concerns prior to ordering my wheels. Most recomendations I have seen online are +18mm to +35mm offset.

I went with NittoTrail Grapplers 295/70R18 installed on 18x9 +25mm offset Raceline Raptors on my 2008 Tundra. I have no rubbing issues, the mud flaps were removed to install the fender flares. The truck has a Ready Lift 3.1.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had the same concerns prior to ordering my wheels. Most recomendations I have seen online are +18mm to +35mm offset.

I went with NittoTrail Grapplers 295/70R18 installed on 18x9 +25mm offset Raceline Raptors on my 2008 Tundra. I have no rubbing issues, the mud flaps were removed to install the fender flares. The truck has a Ready Lift 3.1.

Thanks. I feel your setup is close to my ultimate goal. I'm actually current looking for flares as well.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Mine are 18x9 +12 offset. I'm close to both my front fender and the body mount with my 3/1. To be sure of no rubbing stick with at most +18. Safe bet would be +35.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
How close is close??? I ask because I've found some wheels I really like but they are 12 offset and I only have the 5100's at top setting and I'm curious about rubbing... oh and same size tires 295/70-18..

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts