Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, I need your help.

I have OME 612 full suspension kit and want to add the XD Monsters in +18 offset. I torn between two tires Nitto Terra Grapplers and Toyo AT2 tires. However, the AT2s don't come in 295/70-18 tire.

Which size would you recommend and why? Any cons to consider with both tires? Will both have rubbing issues? Should I maybe consider something else?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
I've got 295/70-18 on a 3in level kit and just removed the mud flaps and had to push the splash shield on the bumper forward.

I think my Jesters are either +12 or +18

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
JC ill swap with ya!! Lol. I've got the 295/70/18 Terra's installed I love how full the fender well looks from the side but looking from front to back its a bit skinny to me. Be prepared to do some trimming/modding if you are gonna run the 295 cause its a darn close 35" tire. 34.71 I think. My ballistic outlaws are +12 as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: Darkside1

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JC ill swap with ya!! Lol. I've got the 295/70/18 Terra's installed I love how full the fender well looks from the side but looking from front to back its a bit skinny to me. Be prepared to do some trimming/modding if you are gonna run the 295 cause its a darn close 35" tire. 34.71 I think. My ballistic outlaws are +12 as well.

Should I consider a different size tire? I was under the impression that if I went the 295 route, I would only have to remove the mudflaps and maybe push in the liner a little bit?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Yea that's what I meant by be prepared to do little modding. Nothing severe. It'll work just fine. Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Rim

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Ill post a pic up as I get off work. Maybe stick out about 1". Not too far.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anyone know if Nitto tires have gotten better about their tire treads? I have heard that can wear within 20k miles?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
^what he said. Alignment for sure after your new set up. Rotate and balance. It is important. You should get around 45-50K out of these. Be prepared for some extra gas $ cause the 295/70/18 only comes in a 10 ply. Heavier than standard. I deliver tires for a living. Nitto is good stuff. We sell the mess out of these things.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I just put on new wheels and tires last week, wheels are +20mm offset, 295/70/18 Nitto Trails...went with 295/70 for a taller sidewall vs the wider but shorter 325/60...just my preference.

Only had to remove both sets of front mud flaps and need to push in the fender liner this weekend. Other than that, no other rubbing.

If you go with same size in Terra Grappler, should not have to do much else to have them fit.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone! This really helps.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Wish I could find somebody local to buy my 295's. only have approx 1,300 miles. I just want the wider stance tire. Don't get me wrong the 295 is a great fit. I just prefer the wider stance over the added height. My problem was there is really not much out there in a 33" tire on an 18" rim. You either go taller or fatter. No real perfect fit for just a leveled. Closest thing I found was a BFG all terrain 305/65/18, and at $100 more per tire than the Terra's I'm not interested.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Wouldn't the 325/65/18 cover the wide and tall? Just needs specific Offset to fit it with the level kits.

·
Premium Member
11,751 Posts
Wish I could find somebody local to buy my 295's. only have approx 1,300 miles. I just want the wider stance tire. Don't get me wrong the 295 is a great fit. I just prefer the wider stance over the added height. My problem was there is really not much out there in a 33" tire on an 18" rim. You either go taller or fatter. No real perfect fit for just a leveled. Closest thing I found was a BFG all terrain 305/65/18, and at $100 more per tire than the Terra's I'm not interested.

Where are you located?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts