Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

41 - 60 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sorry it's not the best but this is the truck at the shop. I'm super happy with how it turned out.

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
Sorry it's not the best but this is the truck at the shop. I'm super happy with how it turned out.
Looks awesome, are you going to put spacers on or wider rims? Can you get a side shot showing how much the tires stick out in relation to the fender?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looks awesome, are you going to put spacers on or wider rims? Can you get a side shot showing how much the tires stick out in relation to the fender?
Yeah I went with the Bora 1" spacers on it. I think its absolutely perfect since the tire is flush with the fender. I'll get a better picture tomorrow when the suns out. I did have some rubbing issues when the wheel was full lock backing up but was able to move the inner fender plastic forward some on the bumper and now it clears. I'm sticking with the stock rims since I think they make the truck.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Looking good.
Can you measure your truck height from ground to bottom of the fender?
*Mine measures 40 3/4" front and 40 1/2" rear following this install (measured ground to bottom of fender)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looking good.
Can you measure your truck height from ground to bottom of the fender?
*Mine measures 40 3/4" front and 40 1/2" rear following this install (measured ground to bottom of fender)
what kind of tires are those?
Ok so the tires are 295/70 18 Cooper ST Max and the measurements are 40" up front and 41 1/2" in the rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks. I love the route you took in terms of tire size and not going over board with the lift. Can you post the link to where I would be able to purchase all the parts needed to do this lift? Sorry in advance for copying ya, but its just too beautiful

·
Registered
130 Posts
All I did was get 4 shims and +3 shackles from a guy on the site. His name is coachbuilder1 his actual name is David. Give him a call and he'll hook you up with all the parts you need and is a wealth of knowledge.

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
Thanks. The change is subtle, but (IMHO) it gives the truck the height and stance it was needing.

My alignment is perfect and there were no issues getting it into spec following the install.
When you say getting it into spec do you mean factory specs?

If you do, those tires are gonna wear terribly.

·
Registered
495 Posts
TRDproCM what kind of gas mileage are you getting with your setup compared to stock? Just curious how much, if any, MPG is affected.

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
TRDproCM what kind of gas mileage are you getting with your setup compared to stock? Just curious how much, if any, MPG is affected.
I don't drive her very nice. It sounds so good to romp on that throttle but I'm getting about 12 mpg in town with the on board computer. But remember since my tires are big that's not accurate. I haven't bothered to actually keep track of my actual miles traveled and fuel consumption. I'm not too worried about it tho. I'm still getting about 4 mpgs better than my old truck.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts

295s 2.5in up front leveling kit 1in rear

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
What headlights do you have there? What light bar in grill?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
Custom retrofitted headlights they are oem headlamps with projectors and halos blacked out to. Light bar is eyourlife 32" ebay special had it for about 3 years now it's awesome no problems at all been a great purchase.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks silent, my cm in quicksand sure be here in about a month. I'm looking at the Cooper stt pros in a 295/70/18. I can't wait.

41 - 60 of 312 Posts