Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched over a dozen pages and didn't find anyone with this setup... I'm getting a 2015 crewmax with the TRD wheels and using Bilstein 5100s on its highest setting to level the truck. Will I be able to put 295/70/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers with this setup or do I need to go smaller? I read different posts from guys with a 3/1 level kit that had to bend the skid plate and do minor trimming. Will that be the case for my setup as well? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
Yes you will and you may have to do minor trimming/skid plate mod. Guys are doing this setup with the PRO, search that thread.

·
Registered
759 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw his post. Man that truck is beautiful! I'm actually trying to avoid wheel spacers. I'm hoping someone with this same setup has luck with no rubbing without spacers. If all I have to do is minor plastic trimming and skid plate trimming then I'll definitely go with the 295/70/18.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I run this set up on my '07. I'll see if I can get a pic up here soon. It rubs a full lock, probably the rear mud flap, I haven't been too concerned with it. I took off the little mud flap in front. I do run 1.25 spidertrax spacers. It gives it a good stance and looks even better if you have factory flares, IMO.
specs in sig.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Just had my 3/AAL done last week on stock TRD wheels. Just had to trim skid plate. No spacer required. Had toyo at2 295/70r18s installed. Absolutely love it.
Looks very nice. Did you have to do the fender liner mod at all?

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
I don't think so? What's that? I removed the front mud flap.
Cool if removing the front mud flap was all you did.

Sometimes rubbing occurs at the plastic fender liner in front of the fender. All you have to do is to take the screws that holds the liner off, pull the liner forward (some cutting of the liner allows moving it further forward), then drill/rescrew. Very easy mod. Mine rubbed so I had to do it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts