Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I am ordering my lift components and tires for my new build. The truck currently has 20"x9 ultra wheels with +35 offset. I like the idea of 295/60/20 I was thinking about doing the 5100s front and rear and set the fronts to Mid higth or max? Thinking more I read I might just go OME lift. So think it will fit?

I haven't ordered anything but the diff drop so far so I want to get it right.

Thanks

Btw looking at the nitto trail grapplers they claim its a 34.45" diam

·
Registered
71 Posts
It'll fit with the 5100s or OME. With that said, 5100s aren't that great. There's plenty of threads on this forum where they've failed/leaked. OME would be a big step up. And another step up for a higher-end coilover like ICON, Fox, Kings, etc.

+35 offset will fit well. You'll still need to do the fender liner and skid plate mods, but that's easy stuff. I vote you do it. Then post pics. Good luck.

Reactions: Renntech

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I have received a lot of feedback saying don't try the 5100s already. Guess its the OME setup after all. I like the coil overs especially the Fox but thats a lot of coin for a truck that spends 95% of its time on road. Ordering suspension tomorrow and tires next week, will get it installed soon as I can and hope to have pics soon!

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
What people are failing to mention is they are hitting speed bumps & other stuff at high speeds which in turn would damage any stock vehicle. I'm running 5100's and have had no issues, I have also read on here about Fox coilovers leaking as well, IMO it's all preference and how you are going to utilize the lift

1 - 4 of 4 Posts