Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Ive been doing a lot of reading on here and am fixing to buy tomorrow . Originally I was gonna stay completely stock and go with a 275/70/18 on stock rims . Now Im going with a set of bilstien adjustable 5100s and a set of coach build +2 shackles with stock rims and don't know if I oughta go with a set of 285/70/18 in wheels now . Any body have any input ? I don't want the tire to hang outside the fenderell at all because Im up and don gravel rds and don't wanna be chunking rocks . Im going with a set of Trail Grapplers and don't really know what to do . Ive read that the 275s will fit with no mods and the 285s all you need to do is trim the skid plate a lil bit , is this true ?

·
Registered
442 Posts
With 285 or even 295's you won't be past the fender with stock wheels. I've got 295/70 on stockers, but I've got flares and a 3" level. Go with the 275's with the trails, they'll look badass.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just went and looked at discount and I don't believe that they carry or even make the Trail Grappler in a 285/70/18 . That sucks

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
They do in the Toyo MT and BFG KM2.

With that said, I like my 295/70/18s but they do look a bit stuffed in the wheel wells.

Personal preference at the end of the day!

-rockstate

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't have stock wheels and my truck is leveled, but I would get 295's any day over the 275's I have on now. They were on the truck when I got it, so I'll drive them until they're worn out and then get something 295+.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I bought a set of Nitto Trail Grapplers today in a 275/70/18 . I boughtem from Discount and they treated me right . I got all 4 tires shipped to the house for $1,173 and I have a mail in rebate for $75 . That's a price of $274.50 a tire , that's ay cheaper than I found them anywhere else but man buying tires is getting ridiculous !

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Well I bought a set of Nitto Trail Grapplers today in a 275/70/18 . I boughtem from Discount and they treated me right . I got all 4 tires shipped to the house for $1,173 and I have a mail in rebate for $75 . That's a price of $274.50 a tire , that's ay cheaper than I found them anywhere else but man buying tires is getting ridiculous !
Can u take a cpl pics of the front/side & post em so I can c if I should go that size or a little bigger?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts