Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a proud New owner of a 2015 Tundra DC TRD and want 275/70R18 Ridge Grapplers on my stock TRD rims. I have done a ton of research and still am questioning what's the best solution. Do I get the tires on my stock TRD suspension and call it a day? Should I get the Bilstein 5100 adjustables for front level and diff drop first then get the Ridge Grapplers? I am ready to pull the trigger on the Low Range Off Road 5100 level kit but could use some advice from some of you more experienced Tundra guys. My truck will mostly see pavement with occasional light Off Road on hunting/ gun club Mountian roads. I really would like to level the front and hope the 5100s and no other miss can achieve this. I have a limited budget but want to buy once, cry once and do it right the first time. I know this is a frequent question but any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,848 Posts
Just get the tires on first and try that , you can always add the shocks later if tires only aren't what you wanted

Step by step when funds are tight

·
Registered
48 Posts
Without the 5100 kit they will rub when turning hard going in reverse i.e. backing in to parking spaces etc. You really do not need the deferential drop kit if you are only going the 2.5 inch level kit. Even with that you may get a little rub turning hard in reverse because those tires will be at least 33.25 OD on your OEM rims but you can take a heat gun to the middle area of the front fender liner and take care of that pretty easy, good news is you will not rub on the skid plate with that size.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it getting the 5100 level kit done first just seems like a good idea. I don't plan on any rear lift with the rear 5100s. Just wondering if middle or top lift setting on the front is betyet without any other mods

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
I would do what BB said.
Rubbing at full lock in reverse normally isn't any big deal (I do with 5100's on 2nd setting with 33.5" tires).

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I had the 275/70/18 on my truck for about a month before I put the leveling kit on and had no rubbing issues. It will be tight and can depend on the terrain you are on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I put 295/70/18 ridge Grapplers on my 14 CM. I have the Bilsteins 5100 set on the top setting and nothing on the rear. I removed the small front mud flap and cut a small edge off of each side of the skid plate on each side just in case. I have no problems at all. Have about 6k miles with this set up.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
That looks really sharp.

What offset are those Rims?

Those look like the same Toyota smooth flares that I ordered for mine.
I ordered some 285/65/18 Toyo AT2s and some +20 offset 18x9 black Fuel Trophy rims.
My new tires are same height as the stock tires just a little wider. I am not expecting any rub at stock height truck and stock height tires. Maybe I should be expecting some rub issues?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Here is mine on 275/70R18 with the 5100 leveling shocks...

Automotive tire Vehicle Car Pickup truck Tire

Tire Alloy wheel Rim Automotive tire Wheel

Reactions: brockeverly

·
Registered
352 Posts
Truck looks awesome! Is this the 5100s on top setting and nothing in the rear?

Sorry it took so long to get back to you....yes the 5100's are on the top setting. I installed Bilstein's in the rear but stock height.

Reactions: brockeverly
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.