Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '08 DC with the stock TRD alloys. I am looking for some new tires. I would also like to do a plus size tire in 275/70/18 size. I have been looking at the BFG AT KO's, 10 ply load range E. The load range E is not a must have, its the only rating I have found for this tire in this size though. Are there are other tires I should look at? I am looking for an all terrain tire that I can get a good amount of miles out of.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Lots of people on these boards will recommend the Nitto's, or Duratracs, and of course the BFG's aren't a bad option either. I have noticed in almost every tire i've seen for a 275-70-18, they are a 10 ply load E...I think that's the standard make for that size. I actually have Mastercraft Courser AT2's on mine, and have been pretty pleased with them. They aren't as expensive as the others, and still you should get 45-50k miles with them taken care of properly. They actually discontinued the At2's, and came out with a new AXT. Take a look at those as my dad just put them on his Sierra 2500 HD, and they look pretty sweet in person.

G

·
I have 2k on my Duratracs. I love them. But can't say much for longevity yet. But everything I read I should be able to 40k out of them and not have any issues doing it. Guys have gotten 60k out of them and they were on 3/4tons

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I'm putting on a set of nitro Terra grapplers in that size in a couple days.

Sent from my toilet.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
TundraTim...do you have a picture closer up of your truck? I'd like to see those wheels and tires together.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just put the Toyo Open Country AT extremes on. Love them but can't comment on their all-weather performance yet. 80,000 mile warranty or something like that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the Nitto Crosstek HDs. They are E rated. I tow a fifth wheel and they are fantastic. Look beefy but exceptional road manners. Had them a year so far. Highly pleased. Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Vehicle Wheel

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Michelin LTX AT2s . They are factory tires on new F250s and you can find them slightly used on craigslist for about $500. I scored a set of 4 for $400 with only a few thousand miles. Not the most aggressive looking AT but they last 60k miles +.

Example
5 New Michelin LTX AT2 Tires LT275 70 R18

If your not looking to go that route I would get the Toyo Open Country AT for looks and mileage.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Those pictures work just fine...thanks! I just wanted to see a little closer detail on the wheels, as I'm thinking about plasti-dipping mine. Does your truck have the 4.7l, and what kind of mileage are you getting now with those tires?

G

·
Yeah, I have the 4.7. True mileage I can be sure of just because I know it is thrown off a bit running the larger tires. I'm probably right around 14-15mpg... so not really different from before. Truck still has the giddy up. There is a weigh difference that shows with the larger heavier tires, but its really not bad. After I had the work done I disconnected my battery for essentially a reboot, and let the computer learn shift points and that stuff fresh rather than relearning from the old stuff. Don't know it it helped but its the thought that counts right? Haha

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Exactly! That would be a little less than I'm currently getting, but not too much. Right now i'm averaging about 15.5 with my current 265-70's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts