Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Need help picking the best tire size for stock rims!

For my 2018 Tundra Limited dc I’ve got Bilstein 6112/5160 on the way with 1 inch shackles for the rear. I’m going to run the 6112s at top setting.

Alright, so I’ve been reading all these threads and it seems like a crabshoot. Is there not a definitive answer??? For such an awesome truck I feel like there has to be a definitive: these wheels will fit and these won’t. I like my limited 20” rims and would like to keep them but some people had minor trimming with the 285/65s, some had to gut everything so they wouldn’t rub, some said 275/65s rub a little and still had to trim.

Can anyone give me a positive yes or no on tire size. I’d prefer a 285/65 but it seems like some people need to cut into their dang frams just to fit them without some minor rubbing. My buddies can fit 35s on stock rims no problem on their shitty overpriced F150s (I get shit because I tell them I’m still unsure of what tire size to buy) with simple leveling kits yet we can’t seem to figure out for certain if we can fit anything without removing some plastic and bending back skid plates... it’s just frustrating.
I feel your frustration. I went with 285/65/20 and was gonna put them on my limited wheels but then decided to go ahead and get new wheels too. I had to swap the 285/65/20 for 285/60/20 because of them rubbing really bad on the inner part of the fender liner. I’ve been wanting to know if the 285/65/20 will fit on stock limited wheels too because if they do I want to eventuall swap back to get more height in the wheel well as the 285/60/20 just look to small in my opinion. If I had it to do all over I would have went 275/65/20and called it done.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.