Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running 275/60/18s on their Tundra? I'm debating whether to stick with my (brand new) 265/65/17s and get new 17 inch wheels, or get 18 inch wheels and new (er) 275/60/18s. The stock wheel (7.5" width) looks fine with the 265/65s but I'm concerned that the tires will look too stretched when I get new wheels, since the new wheels will likely be 8.5" or 9" wide. I prefer the wider lower profile look rather than the skinny tall look. Post a couple pics please if you are running this size.

· Registered
1,093 Posts
I think your stock rims and new tires would be the best for your truck. Not as heavy and you are already satisfied with the looks.

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I recently bought a new set of tires (265/65/17) which are currently on the truck with my stock wheels. I will be purchasing new wheels in the next week or so and am trying to decide whether it is worth going from a 17" to an 18" to get a slightly lower profile look. 275/60/18 is what I am thinking. This would mean I would be selling my new tires (not a big deal) and getting new wheels (already in the works) and new 18" tires.

· Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Sticking with the 17's is also preferable because I just bought new 17" tires. The main reason I am even considering 18s is because I was told that the wheels I just ordered (will arrive later this week) may interfere with the brake caliper and that going to an 18 may solve the problem. Even if the 17s do fit fine, I'm wondering if a 275/60 would look better since I'm going from a 7.5" rim to an 8.5" rim. However, the tire specs say it can accommodate a 7.5" to a 9.5" wheel so maybe 8.5" is just right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.