Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I contacted Ultra Wheels to get specs on the Texas Edition 20" wheels that came on my 2013 Tundra Crewmax Texas Ediandtion. The wheels are made by Ultra and the model is Grinder.

According to Ultra, these wheels were specifically made for Toyota and the specs are:

20 x 9
50 mm offset

So I'm planning on getting a LRO 3/1 leveling kit along with 305/55/20 Nitto Terra Grappler tires.

I was planning on also getting Fuel Hostage 20x9 +25mm offset wheels which I know will fit with the LRO 3/1 Leveling Kit and 305/55/20 tires but wanted to know if my stock wheels will also fit? 25mm vs 50mm offset is only about 1 inch.

If a 20x9 50mm offset wheel will fit then I might keep my current Texas Edition Wheels.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Probably wouldn't hurt to try your wheels if you like them... If not order some new ones.
The problem is that I'm planning on buying the tires/wheels together (package deal) online unless I know for sure that my Texas Edition wheels w/50mm offset will work, then I'll just buy the tires locally.

I can't buy the tires locally and then return them if they don't fit and then buy wheels/tires online. Plus I wanted to get the tires on right after the leveling kit is installed for the alignment with the new tires.

Thanks Though.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Ah I gotcha... I think you'll have a little rubbing stock, but I'm not sure how much or what all you'd end up trimming. Surely someone on here has tried bigger tires on your type stock wheels. Another option is just get the aftermarket wheels and sell the stock ones and recoup some money.

·
Registered
253 Posts
With either wheel and that tire, you will have minimal work to do, such as removing both sets of front mud flaps and pushing in the front inner fender lining. If you search that tire size, you will see different examples of members running that same tire and size on varying offset wheels and what mods they needed, which were the ones I mentioned. If you like the wheels that came with the truck, then save some $$ and just buy tires.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
All I removed with my setup is the small rectangle flaps in front of the front wheels. I've got a 3/1 20x9 30 offset wheels, and 305/55s. No rubbing or modding anything other than that small mudflap

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All I removed with my setup is the small rectangle flaps in front of the front wheels. I've got a 3/1 20x9 30 offset wheels, and 305/55s. No rubbing or modding anything other than that small mudflap
Thanks StrokedZ,

I know if I go with the Fuel Hostage 20x9 with 25mm offset with a LRO 3/1 Leveling Kit I should have no problems. I plan on removing the front mud flap anyways.

But I still kind of like the stock Texas Edition wheels that are 20x9 with 50mm offset. I just don't want to just buy tires and find out it won't work and then have to order wheels when I can get both wheels and tires at a combo price.

I guess the main reasons for hesitating and not getting new wheels is that though I like the Matte Black Fuel Hostage wheels - I'm not Gung-Ho crazy about them. Their nice but not something I must have at this time.

I also like the Ballistics Jesters but they don't come in a +25-30mm offset. I think they just come in 0, +10 and +18 which will stick out way too much for my taste.

So that's why I don't mind keeping my stock Texas Edition wheels because the chrome and black flows with the chrome running board and chrome bumpers.

Thanks everyone for your help -

So far I’m leaning more toward either getting the Fuel Hostage or Ballistics Jester wheels which leads to another question - which one do you like better? LOL

Will the Jester with Red inserts looks cheesy with my Magnetic Gray exterior? I seen a few on Tundra's and Hummers with the Red Insert and it was a eye catcher?

Would you rather get Ballistics or Fuel wheels - are they both of same quality? Ballistics are cheaper too!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
With that setup on your stock wheels I'm thinkin you'd be rubbing your UCA. A 295 width is probably the widest you want to go. Either way you will have to trim/bend your skid plate for sure. +25 should present no issues besides the mudflaps.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With that setup on your stock wheels I'm thinkin you'd be rubbing your UCA. A 295 width is probably the widest you want to go. Either way you will have to trim/bend your skid plate for sure. +25 should present no issues besides the mudflaps.
Fine, I'll either get the Fuel Hostage or Ballistic Jester wheels.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
I also like the Ballistics Jesters but they don't come in a +25-30mm offset. I think they just come in 0, +10 and +18 which will stick out way too much for my taste.
The Jesters only come in +12 offset for our trucks, though guys like Jerskain are running the 305-55-20 with a level kit so you should be fine anyways.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Fine, I'll either get the Fuel Hostage or Ballistic Jester wheels.
If you're looking at selling the factory rims, I would sure be interested.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Ok, so I contacted Ultra Wheels to get specs on the Texas Edition 20" wheels that came on my 2013 Tundra Crewmax Texas Ediandtion. The wheels are made by Ultra and the model is Grinder.

According to Ultra, these wheels were specifically made for Toyota and the specs are:

20 x 9
50 mm offset

So I'm planning on getting a LRO 3/1 leveling kit along with 305/55/20 Nitto Terra Grappler tires.

I was planning on also getting Fuel Hostage 20x9 +25mm offset wheels which I know will fit with the LRO 3/1 Leveling Kit and 305/55/20 tires but wanted to know if my stock wheels will also fit? 25mm vs 50mm offset is only about 1 inch.

If a 20x9 50mm offset wheel will fit then I might keep my current Texas Edition Wheels.
I have stock trd rims which I believe r a +60 offset n I'm running 325/60/18, my tires would fit perfectly with a +50 offset n all I had to do was kinda bend in a corner of my skid plate & level kit

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
I have stock trd rims which I believe r a +60 offset n I'm running 325/60/18, my tires would fit perfectly with a +50 offset n all I had to do was kinda bend in a corner of my skid plate & level kit

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The stock TRD wheels are 18X8, an inch narrower though.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
The 305/55s will work fine on 20x9 +50

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Thanks for the info. Quick question though, how do you know that a 305/55/20 (Nitto Trail Grappler) tire on a 20x9 with +50mm wheel on a Tundra with a LRO 3/1 leveling kit will work?

Do you know someone with this EXACT setup? Have you seen someone running this EXACT setup?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I basically read 100's of threads from several sites but there was no discussion that specifically answered my question.

Will it fit?

Wheel: 20x9 Ultra Grinder w/ +50mm offset (Stock - Texas Edition)

Tire: Nitto Trail or Terra Grappler LT305/55/20

Leveling Kit: LRO 3/1 Leveling Kit

I know if I get aftermarket wheels (Fuel Hostage 20x9 w/+25mm offset) everything will work just fine.

But I really like my stock wheels but being a 50mm offset - I'm not sure if this setup will work.

25mm difference (Difference between the two wheels) is only about 1/2 inch so do I really need to spend another $900 on wheels and $160 on TPMS to make it fit?

Any help will be appreciated - and thank you for everyone that has responded with their input.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts