Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
They aren't listed now but a year ago, they were. Then I got to reading and realized I screwd up.

Which is pretty much why I never put them on.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I don't really give a shit whether you would pay that much for it. You aren't the person that has offerred to buy my truck.
You asked for opinions, but don't really want them? It's *none* of my business, and I wasn't being a smarta$$... just saying what I really thought of the "pricing". Good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
It is a buyers market for new trucks. I'm surprised what these trucks are worth used, looked mine up and see it is still worth more than I payed for it. An '08 DC 4WD in near new condition with a couple small scratches is worth $25,314. If I buff the scratches out it's worth $25,864 -amazing! And I was thinking $21k for Slims truck was high but I see it is worth every penny. That lets me know that I made a wise choice buying a Tundra.

·
Registered
404 Posts
rcsb

I picked up a 07 4.7 4 x 4 rcsb for $14500 last june. It has high highway miles (80k) and a few scratches on it, but otherwise its very solid. Tires were almost brand new to boot

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
It was very difficult trying to sell my 09 RCLB 4x2... interesting how you actually have buyer interest in your vehicle.

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It was very difficult trying to sell my 09 RCLB 4x2... interesting how you actually have buyer interest in your vehicle.
I don't. I was just wanting attention.

My truck is worth 5K.

Sorry for bringing it up.

·
Premium Member
4,243 Posts
Actually it will be more geographic. A 2wd truck in any configuration won't be worth much in the great white north where it snows. I lived in Rhode Island when I bought mine and had to have it shipped up from TX. When I looked up what it was worth ( in RI) it was laughable. However, here in AZ, it's a different story.

Do what makes you happy Slim. You can always get another one down the road.

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Actually it will be more geographic. A 2wd truck in any configuration won't be worth much in the great white north where it snows. I lived in Rhode Island when I bought mine and had to have it shipped up from TX. When I looked up what it was worth ( in RI) it was laughable. However, here in AZ, it's a different story.

Do what makes you happy Slim. You can always get another one down the road.
Will you make me another shiny emblem? Aint no way in hell the one on it is gonna come off in one piece.

·
Registered
13,521 Posts
that would be because its a long bed AND 4 x 2
and in cananada

even trent said or hinted it needed to be 4wd in a thread or two if i remember right.

any vehicle is worth as much as you can get for it, no more, no less.

im going thru this with the whole grand national thing, my bud's was once worth about 15-18k, well, now i can get a showroom perfect one for 18k...

he didn't believe me.

then again, just like i said about my fj...

used vehicles are in high demand.

my gfs bro who totaled his jeep got 1500 over kbb blue book value, so how shitty is blue book value, and how really does a vehicle devalue now ( hinting to the thread where someone said ins would not give you value if you total your vehicle and it is sans badges, lol) when he got MORE than he paid, and MORE than kbb?

however, he is now buying an 05 or 06 jeep cherokee loaded, leather... yadda yadda, for exactly what kbb price is...

sooo...

i believe slims truck is worth what he says it is.

hell, i sold a 1999 lhs that needed brake lines, a battery, and the a/c had stopped working for 2800 bucks... and the wheels were coroded, the body had started rusting, including rusted through brake lines.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
that would be because its a long bed AND 4 x 2
Well long bed's a good thing, but 4x2 did not work in my favour.
Regular cab long bed is the same total length as a crewmax shortbed.

Weight distribution was probably the thing because with a RCLB the rear end is very lightly loaded.
However the regular cab long bed 4x2 is the traditional pickup truck style and configuration. The crew cab and 4x4 all came way later.

·
Registered
639 Posts
A large Toyota dealer near me currently has an '07 Slate RCSB 5.7 with sport package with only 6.400 miles and a 100k mile warranty for $21,000 starting price.

I just bought my same equipped '08 RCSB with 29k on it and lots of extras for $16.800.

If you can get $21k for yours TAKE IT!

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Mine now has a custom passengers door.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts