Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get 20x12 Moto Metal 962 on toyo 35x12.50. Basically how high do I need to go to be safe. And also I hear a lot about frame and bumper cutting/trimming. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i planned on lifting at least 9" I just heard rumors about chopping some of the frame up front. I dont mind hacking and grinding away at the bumper and inside the fender wells...i dont know how much frame work i want to do though...you think 9" lift with some spacers up front could spare me from frame work...

·
Registered
446 Posts
i planned on lifting at least 9" I just heard rumors about chopping some of the frame up front. I dont mind hacking and grinding away at the bumper and inside the fender wells...i dont know how much frame work i want to do though...you think 9" lift with some spacers up front could spare me from frame work...
9'' will be tons of room I think you could get away with 6-7" with a bumper trim. Shouldnt be any frame work. If you are 2wd and are getting CST spindles then your front end will be wider and run into a bumper trim with 6".

There is a member with a 6" 4wd that did 20x12 and 35s with minimal to no trimming if I remember right?

·
Registered
446 Posts
"I'm looking to order a 6" sus and 3" body... I just keep hearing rumors about body mount issues....if its just some front end cutting and grinding, no worries. I'd rather not fab out my body mounts haha."

Body lift won't give you any more clearance as far as the body mount goes but it will provide more room by raising the front bumper and no trimming should need to be done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts