Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, since nobody else seems to have noticed, Toyota released the first of a series of pics last night on their press page. Here: First Official Look: 2022 Toyota Tundra - Toyota USA Newsroom

I took the liberty of zooming in on the hi-res copy to peek at some things and so far it's looking great!

Here is the pic from a far and you start to notice they took a lot of cues from their Big3 competition. We are looking at the TRDPro here in White on Red Interior.

Right off the bat it looks like we have adaptive cruise control and 360 cameras finally!

"Raptor" lights to fit within DOT width requirements.

Speaking of lights. No more Halogen! Thank god! Nice detail with the bolts etc inside the housings.

Looks like some nice TRD wheels and either a red skid plate or red LCA's for the TRD Pro suspension.

Wow! Ok. Red Leather interior, red seatbelts, camera (for 360 system I presume) and turn signals on mirror and TRD Pro hood vent

Not a fan of the fake forged carbon fender flares but oh well...

Most likely TRD Dual Exhaust system and looks like a retractable step for rear bumper.

So far so good! I REALLY hope they nail the interior. RAM has been killing it with the interior material selection and fit and finish. Toyota needs a REAL sound system and better materials!

Thoughts?

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Jesus my firearm topic instagram page has 70 comments and we have zero here. 😂 On a Tundra forum…..wow.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Aren't those huge grille slots asking for a radiator puncture?

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I need to see one in person. The wheels sure seemed tucked. I'm still hoping for a 5.7 or diesel and old school leaf springs for heavy hauling.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I want to see the powertrain before I get very interested. Is it a turbo-six or maybe a hybrid? For me a plugin hybrid would be very interesting.

Reactions: Sendit

·
Registered
574 Posts
Looks alone would not make me run out and buy one. Where is a 6.5 foot bed and 8 foot bed. A TRD Pro that looks like a low rider mall cruzer that appears competent enough to make it over a small speed bump would not make me run out an buy one. Are lockers front and rear available? I too will be waiting to see what the drive train is. If it is the diesel with the pre-heated fuel just prior to entering the cylinder thus eliminating the need for DEF (don't know the exact name for the technology) that know one has been able to put into mass production yet, it will be very interesting. If it is just a gas turbo V-6, I am sure most will be happy with it.

Reactions: Sendit

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well that grille is uglier than home made soap. I'm sure this 3.5L twin turbo is aimed at Ford's ecodiesel and whatever Ram calls theirs. Sitting on the Taco platform I can almost guarantee that it's not as stout as the outgoing model and won't pull or haul like a modern 2500. Bummer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok, since nobody else seems to have noticed, Toyota released the first of a series of pics last night on their press page. Here: First Official Look: 2022 Toyota Tundra - Toyota USA Newsroom

I took the liberty of zooming in on the hi-res copy to peek at some things and so far it's looking great!

Here is the pic from a far and you start to notice they took a lot of cues from their Big3 competition. We are looking at the TRDPro here in White on Red Interior.

Right off the bat it looks like we have adaptive cruise control and 360 cameras finally!

Speaking of lights. No more Halogen! Thank god! Nice detail with the bolts etc inside the housings.

Looks like some nice TRD wheels and either a red skid plate or red LCA's for the TRD Pro suspension.

Wow! Ok. Red Leather interior, red seatbelts, camera (for 360 system I presume) and turn signals on mirror and TRD Pro hood vent

Most likely TRD Dual Exhaust system and looks like a retractable step for rear bumper.

So far so good! I REALLY hope they nail the interior. RAM has been killing it with the interior material selection and fit and finish. Toyota needs a REAL sound system and better materials!

Thoughts?
I totally agree on the sound system. I had a 2007 with JBL premium sound and my 2018 has the same thing. The only differance is that the 2018 sounds about 1/2 as good as my 2007. They need to take care of that in the next version.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thoughts?
Looks sharp, maybe in 2030 I could afford a 2022 mode Tundra.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This Tundra is FUGLY! I don want an underpowered box on wheels. They copied G.rest M.intake and F.ire O.ur R.often D.esigners As if we want copies of Raptor lights and fake fender wells. At one tim Tundras we’re underrated power houses. Now the oook like a celebrity with a plastic surgery addiction. Yeah give me better sound and more compatibility, a GPS worth a damn but I can get those after market. I tow a 28 TT with mine added airbags. Room inside crremax doesn’t cramp family. She rides great and has that real masculinity to it not som illusionary add ons. Keep it I’ll keep my 2018. Works like a truck. Performing like a
Mans truck. And after a shower and vacuuming she is still pretty enough to take to movies. Sorry Toyota you really F’d this one up. Give me a real diesel and you might be forgiven. But I for one don’t want to be seen driving a refrigerator box down I 85 an underpowered lit hobG hi
They can keep it
Di

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thoughts?
Wow, thanks for sharing. Really looking forward to what Toyota is bringing to the table. Can’t wait to see more info.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don’t particularly like the big

Thoughts?
I don’t particularly like the big large grill. Headlights looks slick and I like the fender flares.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Workhorse options - roll-up windows, diesel high torque and horsepower options. Large HO Hpr gas. Extreme duty transmissions ( manual and automatic), differentials, axles and brakes. 4 wheel drive is ok - just interferes with load towing capacity except for swampy areas. In Florida years ago jacked up, large tired monstrosities causing accidents forced legislation of bumper and headlight heights for on road use because of one-upmanship and machismo of "mine is bigger than yours". Practicalities, necessities and affordability be damned.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Workhorse options - roll-up windows, diesel high torque and horsepower options. Large HO Hpr gas. Extreme duty transmissions ( manual and automatic), differentials, axles and brakes. 4 wheel drive is ok - just interferes with load towing capacity except for swampy areas. In Florida years ago jacked up, large tired monstrosities causing accidents forced legislation of bumper and headlight heights for on road use because of one-upmanship and machismo of "mine is bigger than yours". Practicalities, necessities and affordability be damned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can’t believe how disappointed I am in this.
That front end is seriously hideous (headlights aren’t bad) and the rest of the truck looks exactly like every GM I’ve seen on the road for the last 6 years. Very underwhelming.

IMO the Tundra has been one of, if not the best looking truck on the market for the last 5 years. And now this looks like every other big square driving down the street.

Interior is going to have to be incredible

1 - 20 of 69 Posts