Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting rid of my 2012 DC for a 2021 DC. I’m looking to take the rake out of the front and level the truck. What’s the best option for this that gives a solid ride off-road and isn’t too stiff on the highway?

Also looking to possibly add airbags in the rear if anyone has suggestions on a good setup. Mainly pull a trailer and side by side and haul/tow firewood

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I used 2" aluminum spacer to level my old '19. Ride stayed the same, gained some ground clearance but I didn't hardcore offroad it. Just some muddy pastures wooded areas with hills and small creek crossing now and then.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Sky Car

·
Registered
15 Posts
I used 2" aluminum spacer to level my old '19. Ride stayed the same, gained some ground clearance but I didn't hardcore offroad it. Just some muddy pastures wooded areas with hills and small creek crossing now and then.
View attachment 892089
I’m going to level my “like new” 2019 SR5 XP CM with Bilstein 5100’s on the front. On another note, I like your color matched bumper caps and grill surround. Did those come with the truck or were they added when you deleted chrome?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I’m going to level my “like new” 2019 SR5 XP CM with Bilstein 5100’s on the front. On another note, I like your color matched bumper caps and grill surround. Did those come with the truck or were they added when you deleted chrome?
It is an xs package. It came exactly as in the picture except the level kit, bed cover, 295's, front window tint, rain guards, hood decal and white mirror caps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Getting rid of my 2012 DC for a 2021 DC. I’m looking to take the rake out of the front and level the truck. What’s the best option for this that gives a solid ride off-road and isn’t too stiff on the highway?

Also looking to possibly add airbags in the rear if anyone has suggestions on a good setup. Mainly pull a trailer and side by side and haul/tow firewood

On my 2019 SR5 DC I went with color matched OEM grill and and hood, not hard to change (youtube to the rescue). I kept the chrome bumper ends because Toyota didn’t MGM covers. I dont mind a bit of real chrome but that plastic chrome had to go once I saw it being pitted by small road debris.
There’s at least two Toyota dealers I know of that offer 30-35% parts for web sales-
Sparksparts.com and
Parts.larryhmillertoyota.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts