Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one hoping that you can retro fit the 2020 stereo setup.... probably :laugh:

I have a 2017 JBL now and I like my OEM look, but I want the updated features of Android auto and Apple Car Play.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'd really love to be able to do this as well.

I dont want to have to install special speakers, wiring, subs, etc.....

I want a simple head unit upgrade that will let me do android auto.

From everything I've seen because of the way toyota has the sound system done (4ohms, some speakers going through amp but not the tweeters, etc) its a real PITA to change out the headunit.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
I'd really love to be able to do this as well.

I dont want to have to install special speakers, wiring, subs, etc.....

I want a simple head unit upgrade that will let me do android auto.

From everything I've seen because of the way toyota has the sound system done (4ohms, some speakers going through amp but not the tweeters, etc) its a real PITA to change out the headunit.
Door speakers are 2 ohm.

Dash speakers are 6 ohm.

Dash center is an 8 ohm dual voice coil.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I really want to do this as well. Pricing may kill the impulse though... I did a really quick search of factory head units and found prices of $2500 and $3700! The latter was for an HU with navigation which I have no need for... I want a simple swap out as well, but not spending ~$1000+ over what an aftermarket setup would cost me sounds good too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The new head unit my be physically the same as the old one. It may, technically, only be a software update to get the new features. Of course, manufacturers like to make things that are technically feasible practically impossible, LOL. I have a 2019 with the JBL system and I'd like to add the Apple Carplay. Hopefully someone figures out how to make this happen with a simple software flash.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone I am new to the forum and really happy to be here. Over the past few months I have been able to get my hands on a couple of 2020 tundra HU, one with Nav and the other one without. I had planned on taking it somewhere that could make a retrofit kit,but covid-19 has happened and "the thrill is gone" so to speak. I've decided to sell both HU in hopes of getting some of my money back. I know if these head units were in the right hands it would benefit us all as a community because maybe in the right hand a retrofit solution will come about. If anybody is interested message me and let's workout a deal. I'm in Austin Texas but will ship anywhere in the Continental US. Everybody stay safe out there.
Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
So sounds like the plugs and connections don’t match up directly? Had that feeling... Curious though... how much for the one without Nav?

·
Registered
2 Posts
So sounds like the plugs and connections don’t match up directly? Had that feeling... Curious though... how much for the one without Nav?
For the navigation/jbl I could let it go for around $900 shipped,now that isn’t my bottom dollar that’s what I would like to get for it. I still have a little bit of wiggle room concerning the price I know it’s a rough season for us all and to the right person I would give a better deal.

·
Registered
129 Posts
How about the other one? Without navigation?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone I am new to the forum and really happy to be here. Over the past few months I have been able to get my hands on a couple of 2020 tundra HU, one with Nav and the other one without. I had planned on taking it somewhere that could make a retrofit kit,but covid-19 has happened and "the thrill is gone" so to speak. I've decided to sell both HU in hopes of getting some of my money back. I know if these head units were in the right hands it would benefit us all as a community because maybe in the right hand a retrofit solution will come about. If anybody is interested message me and let's workout a deal. I'm in Austin Texas but will ship anywhere in the Continental US. Everybody stay safe out there.
Thanks
How much for the non NAV HU? I am also in Austin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts