Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my iphone wirelessly charging (magnetic Scoshe wireless to windshield attachment) which works fine, so now I don't have to plug in my phone- unless I want to utilize carplay, which I really like.

I'm curious if anyone who has tried a USB dongle (wireless connection from the usb/Head Unit to the iphone) product yet, and if so with what success? If there is a good solution out there, I'd like to know (preferably a lot less than the ~$150 dongle I've seen- anyone tried that?), so I can just place my phone on the Scoshe when entering the truck, and pulling it when I leave- without having to plug anything in.

Thanks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have the same charger. I use the phone for everything, just connecting via bluetooth to the factory head unit. Siri works, Waze talks through the speakers, phone calls and everything work perfectly. I had Carplay in another vehicle, and although it's cool, the functionality of phone mirroring is all I really gained... So many apps are blacked out on carplay. I love how simply the bluetooth just WORKS for everything.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aaron713 - You are hitting it on the head and I couldn't agree more, the bluetooth works great. If I can get a rea$onable dongle to connect to have wireless carplay, then ulocking blocked apple apps would be my next step.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts