Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
You lost me at 2 year lease on a full-size truck. I just don't understand that. Tundra is a vehicle you buy and use for 20 years. Then you give it to your most beloved relative, who will love you forever in return. Yeah, it's not perfect, but it ages better than any vehicle I've ever seen. My 2008 DC 5.7 2WD drives like new, and looks great. It is also worth more than the 2012 BMW 7 series my wife bought new for about 4x what I paid for the Tundra.

You are never going to be happy with this truck. You should figure out the best way to get out of the lease, or just zen out for 23 more months.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You lost me at 2 year lease on a full-size truck. I just don't understand that. Tundra is a vehicle you buy and use for 20 years. Then you give it to your most beloved relative, who will love you forever in return. Yeah, it's not perfect, but it ages better than any vehicle I've ever seen. My 2008 DC 5.7 2WD drives like new, and looks great. It is also worth more than the 2012 BMW 7 series my wife bought new for about 4x what I paid for the Tundra.

You are never going to be happy with this truck. You should figure out the best way to get out of the lease, or just zen out for 23 more months.
I dont hate it. just pointing out things that should have been right on it a long time ago. I wont lease another one unless hey can bring it up to par with a Silverado on the points I made in my original post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey weakling, just get another truck. You sound ridiculous complaining about a brand new truck that you just leased. You're so stupid. "I don't like this"...or "I don't like that"...DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. If all you're going to do is complain without doing something about it then piss off nerd.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Maybe you should go back to chevy then..Chevy trucks longest lasting trucks on the road L.M.O.A.O.Little link for ya on long lasting...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I dont hate it. just pointing out things that should have been right on it a long time ago. I wont lease another one unless hey can bring it up to par with a Silverado on the points I made in my original post.
I had a 2016 Z71 then a 2017 High Country with 6.2 L. Both had severe issues with the 8 speed tranny. The Z71 would downshift so hard the clunk was audible with stereo on and windows up. The dealership convinced me to trade up to premium $60k+ model. The High Country was sweet. It had every available option, heated steering wheel, heated/cooled seats, lane departure, power running boards, everything, and it looked beautiful. The 8 cylinder shuts down to 4 on the highway and my MPG was amazing at times. After 24,000 miles it was at the dealership for 6 weeks having transmission fluid changed, then rebuilt. 10 days later it started doing the same thing. The service manager explained the computer is always looking for fuel efficiency, and it has a hard time picking which of the 8 gears to select. The truck would shudder under moderate acceleration as it hunted for the right gear. Long story short, I traded it for a used 2016 TRD with 30k miles. The Toyota isn't as high tech or flashy as the Chevy, but I honestly feel it's a much better truck for my needs. I hunt, fish, tow a boat, develop real estate and use 4wd more often than most people. I love the 5.7 and the 6 speed. You just need to decide what you want from your truck.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
My opinion is it sounds like you bought the wrong truck for you and should go back to a Chevy, lol. To each their own I guess. In your defense though, my dad has said the same thing about my tow mirrors on mine. As far as mileage, that varies greatly with traffic and speed from what I've observed with mine.
I agree Tigman-Dan

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had a Chevy truck before my Tundra. I'll take the Tundra, that Chevy was a piece of junk. Didn't make it 10k miles before it was back to the dealer for warranty work. Every 5-10k it was back for more warranty work....constantly had stuff breaking. transmission rebuilt at 72k miles. It drove nice, when it wasn't in the shop.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Me thinks if you would have started out with a Tundra and then went to a Chevy, then everything would be backwards on the Chevy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If Toyota was REALLY in the truck business, they wouldn't be last in sales. No one buy a Tundra for gas mileage you say??? How about just getting close to the window estimates mpg? I didnt buy it for mileage, but when its far worse than rated, it gets old fast. As far as lasting??? Chevys last longer than any other truck on the road.... Besides why would you want to keep a truck more than several years. Everything they build has improved very well over decades. Resale you say? Nothing with 250K miles on it isn't worth much, no matter what brand it is.
Vehicles are a depreciating asset. If you choose to churn through a vehicle every 24 months a lease is a good option. But, you are locked into perpetual monthly payments. If you purchase and hold for 60 or 72 months or 84 months or 96 months you can turn monthly payments from the truck (once it paid off) into monthly payments to you. I pay cash when I purchase and make sure to direct cash flow as much as possible back to me. I view incremental “improvements” as shiny objects...they might be nice (if they work?) but are usually not necessary. Marketing teams are masters at separating consumers from their money, they have advanced degrees that train them to do exactly this and are well compensated for their skills.

Lastly, Toyota is in the vehicle business; truck, suv, crossover etc are just niches within that business.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts