Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my deposit in today on a 2020 Tundra TRD PRO in Black. The order has been sent in to the Toyota Rep. PRO’s are expected to start being built in August with likely a late October delivery here in Canada

·
Super Moderator
10,869 Posts
Now, you just hope and pray the dealer does not come back and say "by the way, you do realize that while the deposit holds the truck, we charge 5-7K over MSRP, right?"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Lol...I’m in Canada special vehicles like this are priced at MSRP never at a + and not often below of MSRP either though...Price is still TBA but he expects MSRP to be anywhere from $500 to $1500 Canadian higher than the 2019 MSRP due to all the added features.
My last 3 Raptors I paid exactly what the sticker said in the window unlike the MSRP plus $10000 or more in the US.
Anyway the $1000 deposit is 100% refundable if I decide not to buy it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I received confirmation today from my dealer that my order for a 2020 Tundra TRD PRO in Black was accepted and will be in the first allotment of 10 to Alberta. It should arrive between Sept 14-24 th.
:D

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Do you know if the 2020 Pro has dual-zone AC/heat and heated seats?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Lol...I’m in Canada special vehicles like this are priced at MSRP never at a + and not often below of MSRP either though...Price is still TBA but he expects MSRP to be anywhere from $500 to $1500 Canadian higher than the 2019 MSRP due to all the added features.
My last 3 Raptors I paid exactly what the sticker said in the window unlike the MSRP plus $10000 or more in the US.
Anyway the $1000 deposit is 100% refundable if I decide not to buy it.

If you had 3 Raptors , then pricing at time of delivery shouldnt be a probl. lol

Im not in that ballpark , and i could Never plunk money down on a vehicle not knowing the final price .

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In Canada they all come with heated seats. Dealer said according to the list of things they will come with that he is currently looking at it, it will have all the standard features the TRD Sport has ( I am hoping that also means leather wrapped Steering Wheel ) plus CM gets the JLB sound system...remember Canada and US can have slightly different specs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you had 3 Raptors , then pricing at time of delivery shouldnt be a probl. lol

Im not in that ballpark , and i could Never plunk money down on a vehicle not knowing the final price .
I use my Trucks for work putting a lot of paid kms on each day. So for me the Truck actually makes a profit overall even with the hit I take for high kms every year or 2 when I sell or trade in. I spend as much time or more in my truck than my house so I get nice ones lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 Month or so till my 2020 Tundra TRD PRO in Black arrives. I ordered a 4" Readylift lift kit, Readylift TRD Skid Plate kit, Fuel 20x9 +20 Wheels for a set of 35 Nitto Trail Grapplers I already have to go on, Toyota Fender Flares with black rivets and a Backflip F1 Tonneau cover...4Wheelparts had a 10% off day which saved me $600 on the parts.
I might also add the Coachbuilder +1 shackles to get a positive rake with 3/4" higher in the back instead of level, and a better ride from what I read.
Starting to get excited now !!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I received confirmation today from my dealer that my order for a 2020 Tundra TRD PRO in Black was accepted and will be in the first allotment of 10 to Alberta. It should arrive between Sept 14-24 th.
:D
congrats! did you get your truck. ya, my dealer told me that the ETA for my piece would be 18-20 oct. what you say?

·
Registered
16 Posts
1 Month or so till my 2020 Tundra TRD PRO in Black arrives. I ordered a 4" Readylift lift kit, Readylift TRD Skid Plate kit, Fuel 20x9 +20 Wheels for a set of 35 Nitto Trail Grapplers I already have to go on, Toyota Fender Flares with black rivets and a Backflip F1 Tonneau cover...4Wheelparts had a 10% off day which saved me $600 on the parts.
I might also add the Coachbuilder +1 shackles to get a positive rake with 3/4" higher in the back instead of level, and a better ride from what I read.
Starting to get excited now !!
I would hold off on lifting it with the TSS. Also I am wondering if the stock TRD PRO shocks are long enough for a lifted truck. Don't want to have down grade the shocks. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My PRO still hasn’t been delivered. Sept 24-28 was pushed back to Oct 5-9 and now it’s supposed to be delivered Oct 19-23...hopefully 3 rd time is the charm.

The 4” Readylift is designed to be used with the OEM TRD PRO Shocks. I also am adding Coachbuilder +2 Shackles in the rear to keep the 1” rake that the PRO comes with stock so TSS should not be effected. It’s the change in rake that is the problem with the TSS after a lift is installed, a normal Tundra has a 3” rake and when a lift is installed they level the truck which is quite the angle change on the TSS. The PRO is only 1” rake to begin with but I would like to keep the 1” rake as I think the level look actually looks rear low most of the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My PRO still hasn’t been delivered. Sept 24-28 was pushed back to Oct 5-9 and now it’s supposed to be delivered Oct 19-23...hopefully 3 rd time is the charm.

The 4” Readylift is designed to be used with the OEM TRD PRO Shocks. I also am adding Coachbuilder +2 Shackles in the rear to keep the 1” rake that the PRO comes with stock so TSS should not be effected. It’s the change in rake that is the problem with the TSS after a lift is installed, a normal Tundra has a 3” rake and when a lift is installed they level the truck which is quite the angle change on the TSS. The PRO is only 1” rake to begin with but I would like to keep the 1” rake as I think the level look actually looks rear low most of the time.
I ORDERED MT TRD SPORTS PREMIUM (BARCELONA RED) ON 20TH SEP. MY SALES RAP GAVE ME ETA ON 18TH OCT AND WHEN I WENT O CHECK ON 18TH THEY SAY IT HAS BEEN CHANGED TO 8TH NOV. STILL NOT SURE THAT I WILL ABLE TO GET IT ON TIME. ANYWAYS HOW ABOUT YOURS. YOU MUST HAVE GOT ONE BY THIS TIME.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ORDERED MT TRD SPORTS PREMIUM (BARCELONA RED) ON 20TH SEP. MY SALES RAP GAVE ME ETA ON 18TH OCT AND WHEN I WENT O CHECK ON 18TH THEY SAY IT HAS BEEN CHANGED TO 8TH NOV. STILL NOT SURE THAT I WILL ABLE TO GET IT ON TIME. ANYWAYS HOW ABOUT YOURS. YOU MUST HAVE GOT ONE BY THIS TIME.
Since I last posted I had more changes to delivery date I am now on delivery date number 6...but it seems the 6 th date was the charm as my truck is now on a train out of Vancouver heading to Edmonton as of last Wednesday. So it should be at the Dealer this week.
This forum seems like there is not much action so I mostly watch and post on Tundras.com

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
This forum seems like there is not much action so I mostly watch and post on Tundras.com
I agree about this forum seeing much fewer posts than a few months, or even years, ago.
I've PMed a few missing members and they have also started to spend more time on the forum you suggested.

Hope you get your Pro soon...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts