Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was beyond pissed off yesterday at my dealership. My previous Tundra was a 2018 5.7 with 4x4, the manual said it should be changed every 5,000 miles and the last dealership did just that for the first 24,000 miles. New dealership, new truck, I take it in for the first so I thought oil change. After a huge debacle that I won’t get into. I’m finally getting my truck at about 30 minutes after they were supposed to close only to find out all they did was rotate the tires??? That was my first 5,000 service??? My mind was blown. I was ready to leave and really wanted to drive my Tundra through the showroom and smash everything but, I refrained... I get home and in the 2020 manual, it does say first oil change at 10,000 miles. Unless you drive in dusty conditions and/or idle a lot, I do both. I have yet to dig out my agreement from when I bought the truck but.....I imagine it has fine print that specifies only normal driving oil changes...
My so called service advisor said “it could be a year before the 1st oil change is needed” I don’t care how phenomenal the oil is, who is going to wait a year to change their oil on a brand new truck??? I wanted to change it at 2,500 miles, you know after I felt it was a little broken in and give it some fresh oil.
Anybody else have similar concerns and experiences?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Recently I took my wife’s 2017 Camry in for its first 5000 mile service. They told me the synthetic oil is good for 10,000 miles. Tires were rotated, a list of things were checked so for $19.95 I was out of there in 30 minutes

·
Registered
75 Posts
In 30 yrs I have NEVER Change my oil sooner than 1 yr or 15,000 miles and I always used synthetic oil, my choice has always been AMSOIL. Never had a single engine issue with any vehicle ever. I can recall back then if you were to mention synthetic oil, 99 out of 100 people would say you are crazy and its snake oil. Today most all new cars come factory filled with synthetic oil and the shelves of Walmart have most brands, even their house brand is a synthetic.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts