Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just at my dealership yesterday, looking to get a Toyota brand remote start for my double cab. The service guy informed me that there is no longer a factory remote start available. The only remote start available is a Compuserve brand, and you have to carry an extra push button remote. Any one know if this is true or am I being lied to?

·
Registered
13,570 Posts
That might be all that is available to them. There are other brands out there. I don't have a second fob, my factory fob remotely starts my truck using a Fortin Evo One remote start system.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a Fortin Evo One in my 2019 Platinum, it was a pretty easy install except I need to hookup another wire to keep the alarm from going off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
12Voltsolutions, and dont look back. Ive installed their remote start in our 14 4Runner and 19 Tundra Limited.

·
Registered
24 Posts
12Voltsolutions, and dont look back. Ive installed their remote start in our 14 4Runner and 19 Tundra Limited.
I agree.

I did the 12Volt on my 2019 with the cellular option and love it.

It’s plug and play. No cutting factory wires.

Cellular option enables you to start from miles away. I tested it 25 miles away and it fired right up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Will this option work on my 15CM with just a standard remote? I was going to install a full alarm with remote start from code alarm like I had on my 06 but really just wanting the remote start. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes it will. If you're local to Tulsa they will install as well but if not, the install is pretty easy.
Thank you. I’m in Jacksonville, FL so guess I’ll be doing it myself. Another question my ARE tonneau cover came with a power lock that works with my current remote. Wondering if that will complicate the install. Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was just at my dealership yesterday, looking to get a Toyota brand remote start for my double cab. The service guy informed me that there is no longer a factory remote start available. The only remote start available is a Compuserve brand, and you have to carry an extra push button remote. Any one know if this is true or am I being lied to?
Look a start x , Amazon has it , three push of your lock button it will start

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will this option work on my 15CM with just a standard remote? I was going to install a full alarm with remote start from code alarm like I had on my 06 but really just wanting the remote start. Thanks.
If your Tundra is a 5.7, get the dealer to activate the alarm for you. I have a 2012 CM RW and I was blown away that all the dealer had to do was plug it in and turn on the alarm setting. After that, I installed a Fortin Evo One remote start and everything works beautifully with my factory remote...just hit lock three times on the factory remote. Everything was plug in, except one wire, and only ran me about 165. They also have cellular add ons avail, but I didn’t need the extras. Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you. I’m in Jacksonville, FL so guess I’ll be doing it myself. Another question my ARE tonneau cover came with a power lock that works with my current remote. Wondering if that will complicate the install. Appreciate the help!
Call them, I doubt it will complicate anything but better to be sure. They've got a good team there and will be able to answer your questions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts