Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This 70 thousand dollar truck you think would be an upgrade from my 07 limited. This newly configured jbl premium stereo is half the quality of the 07.The cubby compartments in the door are gone.No courtesy lights for the console at night.The factory toyota taunau cover belongs in the dump.What a dissapointment.This tundra will not be around for long will be looking at other manufacurers

·
Registered
40 Posts
60 years old, bought lots of vehicles. After doing a 'platinum' once, I never did it again.

I typically buy mid grade (power everything, center console, full guages, then do aftermarket upgrades on suspension, sound and seats.

·
Registered
211 Posts
60 years old, bought lots of vehicles. After doing a 'platinum' once, I never did it again.

I typically buy mid grade (power everything, center console, full guages, then do aftermarket upgrades on suspension, sound and seats.
Yeah I agree, used to always look at the upper grade versions and when you really break it down, the cost doesn’t seem to match what you get. More bells and whistles than anything else. I’ve also never heard an upgraded stock stereo system that was any good. Every now and then I still look but hearing stories like these brings me back to loving my 08 with all the mods complete.

·
Registered
13,817 Posts
I'm not sure how it was a $70k truck... They are not $70k. But anyway's, yes, the JBL stereo system blows.

I do miss the door cubbies, and the lower door lights, and the sliding rear seat vs the fold up.
Those features are all missing on every trim level since the last body change.

I would never buy a factory tonneau cover, that would be like buying aftermarket wheels from the dealership, or having them do a spray in bedliner instead of just going to Line-X yourself.

The only Platinum specific thing you seem to dislike is the audio, which like the door cubbies, and lights, you should have been able to notice before you purchased.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts