Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The outer corner of my front tires are wearing uneven. I thought it was an alignment issue, but the dealership charged me for an alignment check, and offered me a free tire with the purchase of two when the day comes.
Let me give you the background on the tires. The corners of the tires have been wearing uneven ever since the Tundra was new in 2019. The same dealer rotated the tires evey 5K miles, and still to this day will not mention, or check the box on the report stating the tires are wearing abnormal. I get green check boxes every time, but I'll be lucky to get another 5k out of them. Let me tell you that the rest of the tire looks great.
Every mechanic / friend(s) that i speak to will say that my camber is off. The Toyota dealership said it is the 20 inch Bridgestone tires that "feather" like they have been, as well as "wear dis-proportionally the outer edge". They went on to suggest that I contact Bridgestone if I was unhappy.
I could have told you 26 years ago, when I was fourteen years old, that this is an alignment issue.

If Toyota cant help me, where should I go?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Mine feathered as yours have. The toe was off on my alignment, from the factory. I noticed the feathering within the first 2k miles. I brought it to a real alignment shop, not the dealer and they fixed it. Also, the manual states Tundra tires should be rotated front to back and not criss crossed. I have stopped that as well. I rotate tires moving the rears straight forward, and the fronts cross to the rear. Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts