Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
That’s right the TRD Pro is NOT going to have the parking sensors for 2019. What’s weird is all the display models for the car shows had the sensors. Wonder what happened? Anyway, you can’t get the predator steps as a gulf states port installed option either. The only ones you can get now from the port will be the 5–in oval black steps. That’s disappointing

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've never been a fan of dealer installed options like steps, window tint, nitrogen in the tires, floor mats, etc, etc. In my experience I've been able to source the same part, or an option I like better for less money.

Reactions: 1lowlife

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
That’s right the TRD Pro is NOT going to have the parking sensors for 2019. What’s weird is all the display models for the car shows had the sensors. Wonder what happened? Anyway, you can’t get the predator steps as a gulf states port installed option either. The only ones you can get now from the port will be the 5–in oval black steps. That’s disappointing
Another reason buying an overpriced "TRD PRO" isn't a good idea.

As to the parking sensors, fu(king pay attention while parking..:eek:
As to the steps, buy whatever steps you want...:x

The moral of this post:
Buy a 4X4 Limited and put your own shocks and steps on it.
Hopefully it will come with a non-JBL Entune which is easier to replace the HU, and upgrade the entire system, than the JBL.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sensors can be installed, and you can buy whatever steps you want for relatively low cost.

Personally...I think the TRD pro is a good choice for many who just want to buy the truck with 90% of the upgrades installed that most folks do, and not worry about much else.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have to agree with 1lowlife that you can buy A LOT of upgrades to a Limited for the price of a TRD Pro.Especially if you take into consideration "market value adjustments" that some shady dealers add to the MSRP.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a 2017, no parking sensors and glad not to have them. As far as pricing, My Truck was $45K MSRP, $42K + tax & tags. All the Limiteds and Platinums were more. I added heated seats and a few other things on my own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts