Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that wrote in saying their wife works at Toyota and lifting any 2018 with Radar cruise and the accident avoidance features cause all sorts of havoc on the system......I have a few choice words for you, lol. Really, I just did the same RC 3" lift on mine ( Spacer front with both 3/8 leveling plates installed and rear blocks) and it has ZERO ill effect to the truck. It works perfectly and all the features work as designed. Don't believe any garbage about the 2018 not being able to be lifted, it's hogwash! There are no ck eng lights or any other warning lights! It works great and the ride is just as good as before lift. And, 20x9 Moto Metal 970 with +18 offset works perfectly also with 305/55 R20 Toyo Open Country AT II Extremes. I removed the two tiny front of front wheel mud flaps only. Go ahead and buy that 2018! You'll love it! Mine is a TRD Double Cab and it sits up there pretty good! So satisfied with this set up!

·
Registered
307 Posts
For those that wrote in saying their wife works at Toyota and lifting any 2018 with Radar cruise and the accident avoidance features cause all sorts of havoc on the system......I have a few choice words for you, lol. Really, I just did the same RC 3" lift on mine ( Spacer front with both 3/8 leveling plates installed and rear blocks) and it has ZERO ill effect to the truck. It works perfectly and all the features work as designed. Don't believe any garbage about the 2018 not being able to be lifted, it's hogwash! There are no ck eng lights or any other warning lights! It works great and the ride is just as good as before lift. And, 20x9 Moto Metal 970 with +18 offset works perfectly also with 305/55 R20 Toyo Open Country AT II Extremes. I removed the two tiny front of front wheel mud flaps only. Go ahead and buy that 2018! You'll love it! Mine is a TRD Double Cab and it sits up there pretty good! So satisfied with this set up!

Post some pics when you get the chance. I would like to see it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Post some pics when you get the chance. I would like to see it.
I'll get some as soon as I get off vacation. I have 400 miles so far (on vacation in truck in NC mountains) and it drives very good with this spacer lift! No floating feeling, etc....Pics should be posted by Monday but I do have some with the lift and the regular TRD wheels I can post anytime

BEFORE LIFT

The pics are not as much of a change as it is in real life! Especially getting in it! lol

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
OP, you don't have to be pissed @ people passing along info. That's what we're here for.
When I had my TRD Pro suspension put on my truck @ 500 miles the dealer said they were
told straight from Toyota that the lift "could" cause problems with the sensors.
Since they no longer produce the TRD Pro they probably didn't do much testing on a lifted truck.
After doing the change I personally have had an issue with the Pre Collision sensor turning itself off.
When this happens it stops my cruise control from working.
It has happened a few times, but hasn't happened in a few days.
I'm hoping it "learned" the new stance.

Reactions: brockeverly

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOW....What a sensitive group we have here! Did you not see the "LOL" after the statement? I knew the truck was so new in the beginning that nobody really knew what was going to happen if lifted but I was only making some response to the issue in the fact that the 3" lift is ok. I'm sure there are people wanting to know this info and may base their purchase on such info on these forums. For you to call my lift a BS lift, you are pretty high on your horse, maybe a bit higher than me . Where did the paint go off your truck, BTW? All I see is grey primer? LOL....Lighten up, guys! It's all good. I worked for a Toyota dealer for 26 years as a Director of Fixed Operations so I totally get the warning information but I also get the fact that sometimes the early info can be too much and possibly stopping people from a purchase of an 18 and taking a leftover 17 for the avoidance of lift problems which are a non issue for the most part.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dude, calm the hell down. Good for you, you have achieved fuking up your 2018 with a damn spacer lift. Can't wait until you collapse a strut on a speed bump.
You cannot wait until I blow a strut? That's not a good thing to wish on anyone. Spacer lift on Tundra accounts for probably over 75% of all lifts done on Tundras.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.