Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2018 Tundra Trailer Brake Control Module

I recently picked up a 2018 Tundra Platinum, my first Toyota. I seem to be having some issues with the ITBC module, I know there are 1000s of threads related to this, however, I can not seem to find one with my issues in particular.

When I connect it to my dump trailer, the green icon shows up on the dash. I navigate to the meter settings menu and enable the trailer brake controller (either electric or electric-over-hydraulic seem to produce the same outcome). I then navigate to the trailer brake screen where the gain and output are displayed. These values never move from 0. I can not change the gain when pressing the buttons on the module (should be able to do this weather connected to a trailer or not, no?). Pressing the brakes or moving the slider also does not adjust the output brake bar graph, and there is clearly no output to the trailer brakes.

Its almost like the module is not connected at all, however the it does illuminate with the dash lights.

Is there a fuse that needs to be installed? maybe these values can only be changed depending on key position/running/park or something I don't know about?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks
Dennis

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
To me that sounds like your trailer brakes aren't working. Do you have the electric brakes with the battery backup safety? Is the battery charged and in good condition? Is the safety / breakaway connection working? Do you have power at the brake cylinders? The display should show the voltage (or something that represents how much voltage) that is going to the brake wire. If its zero, I think you have a bad connection / broken wire somewhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So... Success! I'm able to adjust my gain past 0, and I now have brake output.

It seems that the buttons need to be pressed rediculously hard... like so hard I feel like I'm going to bust the module off the dash...

Any one else with a fairly new tundra experiencing the same thing?

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.