Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here. Will pick up my first Toyota in ten days, a new 2018 Tundra 1794 edition. I ordered the TRD package including the TRD performance dual exhaust, TRD performance brake pads, door edge guards, remote start, Toyota chrome tailgate badge and the Toyota all weather mats. The mats I will not keep as I learned the rear mats are not full coverage so I will order the Husky liners X act contour. The truck is silver sky gray.

I will install a Bedtred pro series bed liner, a Lund Bull bar with LED light and a metal roll up tonneau cover. I was going to get a chrome 5inch step bumper but wonder what experience everyone’s had with the electric steps by Amp Research? I looked at Fords and loved the electric step option, your thoughts?

The Toyota all weather mats I’m not going to accept will probably require I trade for some othe Toyota accessories. And thoughts on an additional $140 worth of goodies?

A little background:
1). This is my first Toyota
2). I looked long and hard at the Ford King Ranch and liked several things about their truck but the Toyota just drives better and I’m not much of a V6 guy. I could not tell any difference in the fit and finish. The 2017 King Ranch would have been about $6000 more than my ordered just like I wanted Tundra.
3). I have been a GMC guy forever but just did not like the Denali or it’s price.
4). I have a GMC Duramax that I use for towing.
5). I farm and Ranch and this new truck will be Sunday go to meet-in truck.
6). I dealt with Fletcher Toyota in Joplin and they and salesman Toby have been excellent. Made my always long and tedious buying decision very comfortable. ??

Look forward to learning about my new truck and I’m sure I’ll have more questions in a few weeks.

Regards
Steve from Southwest Missouri

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Welcome Steve from hot, steamy Alabama.

Always nice when you get to pick, spec and order your truck. Way cool. Well. Or your car. Or your motorcycle. Or your plane. Or your woman (I'm thinking the Chicken Ranch outside of Vegas ;))

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats on your new truck. The Husky weather beater floor liners are awesome, had some on an F150. I would have got them for my Tundra but dealer gave me an oem set of all weather floormats for free.

·
Free Tire Finalist
4,610 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yep, the weather techs suk ass....I have them in my 2014...

Step boards...I'd look at the Go Rhino RB20s...the ones with the linex coating...the retractable ones just add complexity where it isn't needed...

Toyota needs to integrate a molded bumper step like GM and the tailgate ladder from Ford...those add-on rear bumper steps look flimsy as they hang down under the bumper...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.