Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my head unit ( radio to us older folks )

Yesterday i was playing FM radio ( yes) and out of nowhere it started beeping and changing pre set stations by itself .
Lil disturbing and annoying.
Went away .
Next day just when i thought it was a fluke ,, YEP started beeping and changing stations by it self again.
Truck is clean , steering wheel controls and radio screen clean and have had no goop or anything spilled into them.

24hrsparkey

·
Registered
439 Posts
my head unit ( radio to us older folks )

Yesterday i was playing FM radio ( yes) and out of nowhere it started beeping and changing pre set stations by itself .
Lil disturbing and annoying.
Went away .
Next day just when i thought it was a fluke ,, YEP started beeping and changing stations by it self again.
Truck is clean , steering wheel controls and radio screen clean and have had no goop or anything spilled into them.

24hrsparkey
Wouldnt that be covered under warranty ?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldnt that be covered under warranty ?
Most likely yes .

Just wondering if any others have experienced same .

PLUS im not big on dealerships or taking vehicles in for work . Looks like ill have to go and also get the 2 reprogramming safety system things done as well. Arrg.

·
Premium Member
4,609 Posts
My 2014 does that sometimes (not often). For some reason it seems only on a humid morning like after a rain and then is fine afterwards
I couldn't do warranty cause it's a OEM navigation HU I installed, truck didn't come with nav.
I just ignore it as it only happens maybe once or twice a year

·
Registered
439 Posts
Most likely yes .

Just wondering if any others have experienced same .

PLUS im not big on dealerships or taking vehicles in for work . Looks like ill have to go and also get the 2 reprogramming safety system things done as well. Arrg.
I understand not wanting to go, I hate it too, but if its covered, make them fix it. I dont go in unless its a warranty issue. Plus, you paid a ton of $$ for your ride, make them accountable.

Right now, im going in to get the drip rail molding replaced AGAIN, since 5/20/2019. Whatever they changed on this molding for the 3rd Gen Tundra isnt working.
Never had an issue on my 2011. If this one comes off, im gonna call corp and complain and take it to another Toyota Dealership.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand not wanting to go, I hate it too, but if its covered, make them fix it. I dont go in unless its a warranty issue. Plus, you paid a ton of $$ for your ride, make them accountable.

Right now, im going in to get the drip rail molding replaced AGAIN, since 5/20/2019. Whatever they changed on this molding for the 3rd Gen Tundra isnt working.
Never had an issue on my 2011. If this one comes off, im gonna call corp and complain and take it to another Toyota Dealership.

Good luck man !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts