Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 TRD oem Michelin 275/65 R18 LTX at2 tires ,,, max psi 51 max payload 2061 pounds

Cant find what load range they are .... D or E ??

I really like the tires BUT im a lil scared of early tread wear / out . 13,500 miles so far and the tread has gone down more than id expect considering i truly do drive gently

thanks

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would you recommend the P or the LT tire for these uses

3-4 loads of firewood a year , 20 miles
occational dead deer

other misc loads

So i DO use it as a truck , but loads are not all that frequent and < 800# . The exception being firewood .

thanks for your suggestions
24hrsparkey

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have good luck with cooper AT3 tires. They last a decent amount of mileage (30-40K) and don't break the bank. I prefer load range C tires on my half ton pickups. For long life I like BFG All terrain TA's but hey only come in Load Range E i believe.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Leaning towards keeping the oem P ( car ) tires for now.
Reasons :
less rotating weight ( mpg)
better ride
Lower price

IF i start hauling heavy or buy a Travel Trailer i will def get the load range E truck tires

thank you , 24hrsparkey

·
Registered
4 Posts
Leaning towards keeping the oem P ( car ) tires for now.
Reasons :
less rotating weight ( mpg)
better ride
Lower price

IF i start hauling heavy or buy a Travel Trailer i will def get the load range E truck tires

thank you , 24hrsparkey
I swapped my tires for a somewhat more aggressive tread and slightly larger tire shortly after purchasing my new 2018 Platinum 4WD. My local tire supplier’s advice as to the largest I could go on the stock wheels without any mods to the truck re: clearance, etc. steered me to the Nitto AT Terra Grappler G2s, 285/55R20. I have about 25k miles on them and have been very pleased with road, dirt, snow, and rain performance, as well as tread wear. I found them only somewhat louder than my stock Bridgestones. Fills the wheel well better too as far as looks. Load range E will be useful for an anticipated travel trailer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts