Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to replace the stock lights in my 2017 SR5 with the 2018 LEDs. But I would prefer not to do the install myself. Is this something a service center or a local shop would do? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Don’t waste the money! It super simple to install.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I would like to replace the stock lights in my 2017 SR5 with the 2018 LEDs. But I would prefer not to do the install myself. Is this something a service center or a local shop would do? Any advice would be appreciated.
Or find a semi handy friend to do it for you and buy them a beer.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Bulb replacement with LED units is quick and simple. Is that what you are wanting, or do you want the headlight modules replaced with the newer factory-style LED systems, like this?

·
Premium Member
6,866 Posts
Bulb replacement with LED units is quick and simple. Is that what you are wanting, or do you want the headlight modules replaced with the newer factory-style LED systems, like this?

thanks for this!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m looking to replace the whole headlight unit and replace it with the 2018 oem headlights. I’m starting to be more comfortablewith the idea if doing it myself, I’m fairly handy but don’t have any experience working on auto electric. The YouTube videos make it seem pretty easy, but they don’t cover how to put all of the trim pieces back.

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
Best and simplest way is buy the headlights from whatever Toyota dealer you like or can get the best price from and get a wire harness from this guy. No better quality and service, iHacker makes a great wire harness.

·
Premium Member
6,866 Posts
Subbed for toDo list

·
Registered
146 Posts
Not interested in replacing the whole housing, just the bulb. I came across this bulb Native H4R2 for my motorcycles, and it is fantastic. Benefit is that it does not stick out the rear of the housing like most LED's. It looks to be the same length as a standard H4.

Has anyone tried this?

What bulbs have people used to good effect? I have bought from superleds.com for a while, and been satisfied, but I like the option above.

comparisonnative2halo__09093.1555447992.1280.1280.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts