Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the new 2018 LED Fog lights?

Was it a noticeable increase in light output?
Do you have before and after photos of light output?
Was it a good choice?
Is there a better option for the money? ($250 price range)

Thank you for your time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,848 Posts
Has anyone installed the new 2018 LED Fog lights?

Was it a noticeable increase in light output?
Do you have before and after photos of light output?
Was it a good choice?
Is there a better option for the money? ($250 price range)

Thank you for your time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
morimito XB LED

direct easy swap, and they perform

·
Registered
393 Posts
The morimotos are nice for the price. There are also generic versions available online in the $50 range that perform about as well. It's not applicable for 3rd gen trucks since the 3rd gen fogs are much smaller, but for 2nd gen trucks you can retrofit bmw x5 fog light LEDs inside. That's what I did for my truck and the output is crazy good. Almost 180* of light. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
4,848 Posts
another nice thing about the morimitos is the 10 year warranty

about 170 bucks for the set, sometimes there are specials here in this site for better

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'n not sure if they will fit in the 2018, but, the round amber Baja Designs Squadron Sports (driving light pattern) are amazing for about the same price. I put them in my 2017 and wouldn't put anything else there now knowing how well they perform.

I don't have any night pics, but, here's a day pic. These things light up everything at night. Even without my light bar.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,226 Posts
I am curious about the 2018 Led fogs.

I have Morimoto's now, and they are better than the stock halogens, however, they really don't put out as much light as I had hoped.

Reactions: raysmith925

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thinking of getting a pair of BD squadron sport lights. I wanted to know if anyone knows how well these LED lights work in extremely cold blizzards. I heard rumors of the lights not getting hot enough to melt off snow and slush. Do not want to get out and wipe off fog lights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.