Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! So im tired of my retrofit as its giving me problems. Ufff HID. I want to get the new 2018 LED headlights. I heard about several kits including kits that use the Morimoto Control Harness. I was going to go with TRS harness but see you still need to repin a harness. I came across Retrofit Wholesale pnp harness and says its 100% pnp (this one 18 TUNDRA LED HEADLIGHT PNP CONVERSION HARNESS ? Retrofit Wholesale). Has anyone used this harness. It doesnt say I need the Morimoto control and it says it has Turn signal adpaters so I dont have to repin. Anyone use this kit? I think I also seen a listning on ebay and it looks like the same kit. Theres reviews on ebay thats positive so im asumming the kit is good. Any input would be great thanks!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have used the set made by ihacker on the tundras.com forums. They are top notch quality and work extremely well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
I have used the set made by ihacker on the tundras.com forums. They are top notch quality and work extremely well.

Are you getting the full function of the lights? How about dimming the DRLs?
Overheating?
Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes I have full function but I also have a Platinum tundra so I already had that function. No overheating at all. Love this harness, looks so much cleaner than the previous version.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The PNP version won't dim like the iHacker ones. iHacker has a new harness available that does not require the Morimoto relay. Check out his thread on tundras.com.

I currently have the PNP version and will be removing it for the iHacker version. I'll sell you my PNP version (minus the Morimoto relay) for $50 if ya want.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The PNP version won't dim like the iHacker ones. iHacker has a new harness available that does not require the Morimoto relay. Check out his thread on tundras.com.

I currently have the PNP version and will be removing it for the iHacker version. I'll sell you my PNP version (minus the Morimoto relay) for $50 if ya want.

PNP means plug n play. ihackers adapters are PNP.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
I have yet to see a true"PNP" even though they all say it is. For the DRL adapter you either have to switch the pins and use a fuse tap to get it to work.
One of the vendors told me he wouldnt sell the harness that that allows DRL dimming due to the overheating issues.

·
Premium Member
4,600 Posts
I've had mine hooked up for about 7 months now using ihackers older version with the Motocontrol and the extra relay for the dimming function. I have had 0 problems and everything works like it came stock from Toyota. The install was less work than doing a standard HID system, and now with his new harness, probably even less. It's a top notch harness and the lights themselves are awesome.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Whether or not iHacker's harness is PNP depends on the Tundra you have. With my Platinum, there are two short harnesses on each side between factory wiring and the light, so there's nothing running across the middle and nothing needs to be tapped or repinned...

Dave

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
I just picked up a harness from another vendor I found on a Tundra Club on Facebook, Randy from Xkstensive Off-Road. Great service and he responds to messenger on the fly.
And yes I get it now, because I have a Limited I had to run a second adapter across to both sides and re pin the turn signals. Very straight forward though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have yet to see a true"PNP" even though they all say it is. For the DRL adapter you either have to switch the pins and use a fuse tap to get it to work.
One of the vendors told me he wouldnt sell the harness that that allows DRL dimming due to the overheating issues.

I know what it means. My ihacker harness is not PNP as you have to tap into the harness under the dash. Maybe his newer ones are PNP?

Only the platinum/1794 harness is completely PNP.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts