Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2017 Toyota Tundra: The Ultimate Off-Road Experience – Tough Truck, Smart Buy

10K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Alpha autos 
#1 · (Edited)
In our previous video, we talked about the resale value of the Toyota Tundra. Based on this formula, if you were to spend $42,000 on a new truck and you chose a Tundra over its competitors, you can retain on average, over $3600 when you go to resell your truck after 3 years. Because Tundra owner Shane O'Dell made a Smart Buy we're giving him an off-road experience at the Vore Adrenaline Compound near Las Vegas Nevada with none other than rally car driver Ryan Millen as his instructor. It's just one example of what you could do with the money you may retain by buying a Toyota Tundra. The Toyota Tundra is not just a Tough Truck, it's a Smart Buy.

What would you do with $3600? Tell us below.

#2 ·
Last month I traded in my 2014 Off-road Crewmax towards a 2017 and got $30K for it (paid $36K brand new in 14)... 42k miles and the only thing done to it was remote starter, heated leather seats & a 3/1 spacer lift... It had a good sized ding on the front bumper, the rear bumper was pushed in a tad from someone hitting it at some point & the bed was beat to hell from using it like a pickup. I was pretty impressed with the offer and am glad I went Toyota.

#3 ·
These trucks hold value remarkably well. I traded for 28k a truck I drove 4 years and paid 40 for. It had 95k miles. My brother has a ford same year and he depreciated 25 grand with half those miles. No wrecks or damage on either. Tundras are super great trucks.

#6 ·
I just traded in my 08 CrewMax Limited 4x2 with multiple dents and dings, but less than 86K miles and got over 15K towards a 2017 CrewMax SR5 4x4.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.