Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So basically I want to add a amp and two 10"s behind my seat, I don't want to change the headunit so what is the easiest way to tie in to add my amp? Remove dash and work on wired behind screen, I'm clueless because I hear people on here talking about a amp under passenger seat I haven't even looked to see if I have one. But I don't want to switch that amp if I have one I only want to power my subs with a independent amp that I will install behind the seat as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
If your amp takes speaker level inputs, you can tap off the front or rears speaker output of the underseat amp.
Then run your amp power line from the battery.
There is also an acc on lead going to the underseat amp you can tap off to turn the amp on.

Look thru these threads and it will give you an idea of what you're getting into.
These threads pulled the OEM amp, but there is info on what color wire is what and that should help you get your amp and sub wired.

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tu...n/373441-2014-factory-amp-wiring-diagram.html

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tu...io-upgrade-jbl-ms-8-jl-sub-etc-long-post.html

Maybe @spider2k can tell you which speaker wires to tap off of for your amp signal.

Also keep in mind the bass roll off of the stock HU, that might effect your sub output.
The higher the volume, the less bass output, or at least that is my understanding of it.

On my 2014 SR5, I tried for 18 months to get decent sound out of that stock Entune.
I ended up with a Kenwood HU, Alpine 5 channel amp, all new Focal speakers in the doors, and a JL Audio Stealthbox.
I disconnected all the dash speakers..

Good luck..

Reactions: Kraziez

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought an Atrend sub box of Amazon as it it was cheaper than Atrend's own website. If you go to Atrend's website they list most of the dimensions for their box so you could almost replicate it on your own. The only problem I had with the Atrend box is the raised wood opposite the holes for the subs were about 1/16 of an inch too high, so the left part of the bench seat rests on the wood when the seat is folded down. If you do use Atrend's website they refer to the double cab trucks as Crew Cab and the Crew Max trucks as Crew Max.

https://www.atrendusa.com/atrend-vehicle-specific-enclosure-toyota-tundra-crew-cab-07-13-dual-10-2

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought an Atrend sub box of Amazon as it it was cheaper than Atrend's own website. If you go to Atrend's website they list most of the dimensions for their box so you could almost replicate it on your own. The only problem I had with the Atrend box is the raised wood opposite the holes for the subs were about 1/16 of an inch too high, so the left part of the bench seat rests on the wood when the seat is folded down. If you do use Atrend's website they refer to the double cab trucks as Crew Cab and the Crew Max trucks as Crew Max.

https://www.atrendusa.com/atrend-vehicle-specific-enclosure-toyota-tundra-crew-cab-07-13-dual-10-2

Only thing buddy is that box is for under the seat on the newer tundras no space under the seat only behind .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
some amps still don't need an LOC with the rca inputs. the xd amps for example are capable of high level into the rca inputs.

either catch the signal going into the amp or from the rear outputs for full range signal. it's listed somewhere in the threads quoted above.

·
Registered
13,913 Posts
some amps still don't need an LOC with the rca inputs. the xd amps for example are capable of high level into the rca inputs.

either catch the signal going into the amp or from the rear outputs for full range signal. it's listed somewhere in the threads quoted above.
So are the HD series of JL amps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.