Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Not having auto headlights must tough too
I have auto headlights.... but no cold weather warning... Facking first world problems....

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
ok I just spent 1/2 an hour with a great snarky comment but erased it. I am trying to be nice.
I think the op needs to understand that car manufacturers need to be profitable. Some companies offer some things whiles others offer bells and whistles. They all need to make money and they spend alot of time and money to figure out what the customer wants while having to conform to government regulations. While searching for a new pick up I went to the big three and TOYOTA. If I wanted a double cab 8' bed I had to move up to the 2500 or 250's. That meant more money. All trucks were the work truck models with 8 cylinder, 4x4 double cab . They had intermittent wipers but didn't have other things that my dc came with. Like a 1)backup camera which is a big deal
2). Power and heated tow mirrors
3). Interior is nicer I think
��4). TOYOTA reliability
I compared all brands as equally as possible for i was going for the cheapest work truck.
5). TOYOTA came in close to 10,000$ cheaper.
6). Power locks and windows
7) cruise control
I have seen alot more tundras lately so I guess the snow warning or getting rid of it was the right choice by Toyota. If you want or need those bells and whistles I don't think the tundra is the right choice. I feel like I am in the stone ages with my single cab. That has no power windows or locks

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I think I'm missing something. If the truck is supposed to come with it or not? Id be pissed if its listed as a feature but is absent, no matter how it affects my driving.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Well I think it's probably safe to say we all drove away another new member hahaha

·
Registered
42 Posts
Geez, give the guy a break. It doesn't make sense for this to be a cost cutting measure as unless they removed the temp sensor this is just software based.

Also, even though you can just check the exterior temperature this can help draw attention to it for those of us who live in places with dramatic changes in elevation or swings in temperature. Anyone who's lived in Calgary knows it can be warm and sunny in the morning and freezing by the afternoon. Around here it can be warm and balmy when you leave the house but as you climb in elevation that temperature can drop quickly and its not always accompanied by snow or anything that would make it obvious.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts