Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having this issue?

Since it is getting dark sooner I noticed when I hit bumps my fogs really really move around.

I looked when I got home, the housings are so loose that they have rubbed through the paint on the bumper wings.

I can jiggle them around.

Just over 5k miles on the truck, I don't offroad, haven't hit anything, and don't even drive down dirt roads, and if I have to, I go slow, hate rock chips.

Tried to get pics/vid, but it's too dark, didn't turn out.

·
Registered
13,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve got a 16 sr5, so the chrome bumper wings, and the fog lights are tight, no movement.
I have the Plat, so plastic bumper wings.

At first they were tight.

Now they are loose as all get out.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I have the Plat, so plastic bumper wings.

At first they were tight.

Now they are loose as all get out.
did you change any bulbs or have someone change your bulbs? the fog light shroud will become very loose fitting if someone tries to remove them from the front. to tighten them up remove the lower inner fender liner to get to the back of the fog light, just as if you were changing the bulbs. you will find a blue locking clip holding one of the tabs. simply remove the blue locker and flipit over and reinsert. it will still lockin place but put a lot more force on the tab thus holding it much tighter. hope this makessome sense. once you pull the inner fender you will see what needs to be done.

·
Registered
13,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you change any bulbs or have someone change your bulbs? the fog light shroud will become very loose fitting if someone tries to remove them from the front. to tighten them up remove the lower inner fender liner to get to the back of the fog light, just as if you were changing the bulbs. you will find a blue locking clip holding one of the tabs. simply remove the blue locker and flipit over and reinsert. it will still lockin place but put a lot more force on the tab thus holding it much tighter. hope this makessome sense. once you pull the inner fender you will see what needs to be done.
I swapped Morimoto's in, but I did it through the backside.

Thanks, I will look into swapping the clip around.

I remember that the housings seemed kind of shoddily held in place.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I swapped Morimoto's in, but I did it through the backside.

Thanks, I will look into swapping the clip around.

I remember that the housings seemed kind of shoddily held in place.
i had the same issue after installing the morimoto fogs aswell, the clip flip fixed mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts