Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I bought a new Tundra in August. It's a 2017 double cab SR5 in magnetic grey 4x4 with the 5.7L. I wanted to get the TRD version, but I also really wanted the bench front seat and unfortunately you can't get both. The standard SR5 should be easy enough to mod for off road anyway.

The Tundra replaces a 2002 Jeep Wrangler. The Jeep was a great hunting rig, but useless for anything else. The Tundra has exactly the same fuel economy as my Jeep, but is about 1,000,000 X more useful. We won't even mention reliability.

I do a lot of home improvement projects and was tired of having to rent a utility trailer every time I bought a load of lumber or anything bigger than two cases of beer.

We also recently got rid of a class C RV, so my wife and I are thinking of getting a camp trailer to tow behind the Tundra.

The Tundra is a truck to me first and foremost. My commuter is a motorcycle (Yamaha FJ-09) so I'm not concerned about fuel economy. I've had the Tundra five months and still only have 750 miles on it.

I live in Albany, Oregon and work for a manufacturer of industrial printers. Hobbies include motorcycles, bicycles, hunting (deer, elk), and smoking meats with a wood fired offset smoker. Looking forward to reading about mods from other Tundra owners!

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
Welcome form West MI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.