Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of gas mileage is everyone getting?? I'm still on my first tank of gas and so far it shows 10.9 MPG. OUCH. It is mostly city miles and very little freeway miles. I'm running 285 65 18 KO2's.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
The Pro (and all Tundra's with TRD Dual Exhaust) gets substantially worse gas mileage because you wanna haul ass and hear that sweet mean sound!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've not reset my trip computer in over 10,000 miles and it's will vary between 15.2 and 15.6 overall MPG depending how far I am towing the boat or if I am just on a biz trip driving mainly interstate. That's right in line with the sticker saying 15 in town and 17 on the road. I have just under 20,000 miles on the truck. I've had it a year this month. Enjoy your new truck, it likes gas LOL.

·
Registered
210 Posts
What kind of gas mileage is everyone getting?? I'm still on my first tank of gas and so far it shows 10.9 MPG. OUCH. It is mostly city miles and very little freeway miles. I'm running 285 65 18 KO2's.
i wonder if the tire size change made a difference with the calculated speed, mileage, & MPG

Did you measure MPG on factory stock tires? Compare your speedometer with you phone's GPS speed and see if there is any difference

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i wonder if the tire size change made a difference with the calculated speed, mileage, & MPG

Did you measure MPG on factory stock tires? Compare your speedometer with you phone's GPS speed and see if there is any difference
Factory is 275/65/18 and mine are 285/65/18. The difference is only 1/2" taller and 1/2" wider. KO2's are of course more aggressive. Difference in speedo is negligible. I only have 290 miles on the truck. With stock tires was 11 mpg and now with KO2's is 10.9. It's been god awful hot here so I'm running A/C constantly. May be this has something to do with it plus the truck is not broken in.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Factory is 275/65/18 and mine are 285/65/18. The difference is only 1/2" taller and 1/2" wider. KO2's are of course more aggressive. Difference in speedo is negligible. I only have 290 miles on the truck. With stock tires was 11 mpg and now with KO2's is 10.9. It's been god awful hot here so I'm running A/C constantly. May be this has something to do with it plus the truck is not broken in.
Where is home?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool, home here is San Diego, Scripps Ranch...about 15 miles south of Toyota Escondido...

What mods other than tires?
Will be putting Nfab step bars this Friday and have ordered Weathertech floor liners. Nothing else planned. It does not need anything else

·
Registered
345 Posts
that's about right at least you have a bigger tank or you would be filling up every 200 miles

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.