Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased my first Tundra and am having problems with the power fold mirrors. I have the chrome tow mirrors and I can hear a subtle click when I push the switch just inside the door where the mirror mounts to the truck. Neither mirror folds however. Is this a simple fuse or is it a switch/ecu problem.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Chrome tow mirrors...sounds aftermarket?

Reactions: restosud

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Thanks for sharing a pic. The official toyota tow mirrors don't come in chrome like that. You also have BlindSpot Monitoring which should have a LED light on the mirror/glass that illuminates when there is a car in your "blind spot". Going powerfold tow mirrors makes you lose the light, so you probably don't have that light in the glass either...which is an elimination of a feature of the truck.

Honestly, sounds like new aftermarket power fold tow mirrors if you're still OK losing the BSM functionality or new regular 1794 mirrors, which if OEM are $$$ because they auto dim, power fold, have blinker in the glass and have a puddle light. I believe they are memory as well.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Since they are aftermarket you probably don't have the wiring or ecm for power fold in your truck.
He does if he has a 1794. I interpreted his post to say he has a 1794 with those tow mirrors. I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
i don't know that he has a 1794 as he says"when I push the switch just inside the door where the mirror mounts to the truck."???
True lol. OP needs to chime back in with more info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.