Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just purchased my first Tundra about two months. It's a 2015 Crew Max TRD 4x4 non-ffv in Super White. Nothing crazy is going to be done to it because it is a daily driver/family hauler. It will be used for for beach trips, camping and going out to my family's ranch in South Texas.

Started off with the usual suspects, LineX, added color matched mirror caps, full VLED interior LEDs and Nfab steps.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Next I removed all my badges and replaced with TRD Pro black badges. I also added the 4x4 tailgate badge and a "TRD" badge to where the SR5 badge was.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So this is how she sits today. Parts are arriving daily and I'm loving the journey. You can see my 1971 K5 Blazer in the background.

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
What other parts have you ordered?

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What other parts have you ordered?
I already have a pair of Bilstein 6112, 5160s w/clamps, Camburg BJ UCAs and CB +1. I'm just going with the 275 70 R18 BFG AT KO2 on TRD wheels.

A 12oz can of brew for size comparison to my 6112.

·
Registered
371 Posts
What setting are you putting your 6112s at?

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My cargo lamp LEDs arrived today from Headlight Revolution. Can't wait to see what these look like tonight.

·
Registered
759 Posts
My cargo lamp LEDs arrived today from Headlight Revolution. Can't wait to see what these look like tonight.

I have them they are pretty bright I am pleased....
When u getting the billys and the ko2's installed?

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have them they are pretty bright I am pleased....
When u getting the billys and the ko2's installed?
That's the age old question. I seem to be booked for the rest of the year. The wife plans ahead weeks at a time. Looks like sometime in January. LOL. The parts will continue to roll in. I'm ordering my white hood bulge today.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Installed VLEDs 7440 reverse LEDs. Major improvement over the stock lights. It literally took about 5 minutes to install them.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Picked up my front bumper caps from the body shop. Love the way they came out. TRD Pro grill should be arriving next week. Bye, bye chrome!

Attachments

·
Registered
784 Posts
Picked up my front bumper caps from the body shop. Love the way they came out. TRD Pro grill should be arriving next week. Bye, bye chrome!
i want a pro grill bad. it's on down the line of mods though. probably gonna be one of the last things i do.

ETA: the reverse lights, are they the 5k or 6k? High output?

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i want a pro grill bad. it's on down the line of mods though. probably gonna be one of the last things i do.

ETA: the reverse lights, are they the 5k or 6k? High output?
These are 6k and 1000 Lumens. They are bright!!

·
Registered
784 Posts
great. thanks!

Still debating on whether i want to tint my tails. I replaced last truck wtih LED reverse but with the VHT tint and dark window tint it didnt help much and i couldnt see squat. Never did try adding bumper lights and not sure I wanna mess with bumper lights this time around either.

1k lumens seems like it should be plenty though

·
Registered
322 Posts
@Black tundra15 I'm loving my LED bumper lights - I'm a bit surprised that it doesn't help as much with the camera (I think the Toyota reverse cameras are probably the worst in terms of image quality than any other currently available). That being said, they are awesome for actually seeing behind the truck or using the mirrors! I'll post some pics on my build page soon...

·
Registered
784 Posts
i'm intrigued by them but just not sure i need them. plus i hate wiring stuff. i'd rather not have to install them but i am researching it all just the same.

i installed my bumper lights and need to wire them still. probably be a while til i do, need to add a bed liner, need to figure out what i'm doing for rear lift, need to figure out if doing wheels or spacers, been eyeing a new fishing reel. and on and on and on. lol

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Installed a Super White hood bulge, TRD Pro grill and bumper end caps. I found all four bumper caps on Craigslist. They were chrome take offs and I bought them for 75 bucks. I had my paint/body guy color match them. He did an outstanding job with the bumper caps and color matching. There are so many variants of Super White 040.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 78 Posts