Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning!...I'm a long time Toyota owner first time for a Tundra. Ordered a TRD Pro (black) about a month ago, now just waiting. I've been told by the dealership that the ITBC and 38 gallon gas tank at not available options, just curious if any body has heard otherwise. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Free Tire Finalist
4,610 Posts
Welcome from AZ. Make sure to get some pics up when you get it. There seems to be mixed signals from dealers on the tank and controller, probably just too early still. A lot of us with 14's are also curious if we can add them too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Good Morning!...I'm a long time Toyota owner first time for a Tundra. Ordered a TRD Pro (black) about a month ago, now just waiting. I've been told by the dealership that the ITBC and 38 gallon gas tank at not available options, just curious if any body has heard otherwise. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I bought a 2015 a week ago, NO integrated brake controller. I have been going back and forth with the dealership and Toyota for the past week and cannot get any answers on the brake controller. Toyota insists that the wiring connection for the brake controller is in the lower left kick plate as in previous year's models and it is not. I have even been told that if I get a brake controller hard wired that it will void my warranty, needless to say I am pissed.

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
I bought a 2015 a week ago, NO integrated brake controller. I have been going back and forth with the dealership and Toyota for the past week and cannot get any answers on the brake controller. Toyota insists that the wiring connection for the brake controller is in the lower left kick plate as in previous year's models and it is not. I have even been told that if I get a brake controller hard wired that it will void my warranty, needless to say I am pissed.
I thought you found it behind the center panel and hard wired it anyway?

or was that the other guy?

toyota really shit the bed on this one from reading your thread...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I thought you found it behind the center panel and hard wired it anyway?

or was that the other guy?

toyota really shit the bed on this one from reading your thread...
James from Canada had his hardwired from the dealership. My dealership told me yesterday that they were investigating the issue on a '15 from their lot. I have had a hunting trip planned for almost a year, I cannot even pull my travel trailer because I cannot install a brake controller. I don't know what to do, I have been back and forth with Toyota USA on emails. They are telling me that anything aftermarket or hardwired with void my warranty. Do I need to lawyer up? I am beyond frustrated.

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
James from Canada had his hardwired from the dealership. My dealership told me yesterday that they were investigating the issue on a '15 from their lot. I have had a hunting trip planned for almost a year, I cannot even pull my travel trailer because I cannot install a brake controller. I don't know what to do, I have been back and forth with Toyota USA on emails. They are telling me that anything aftermarket or hardwired with void my warranty. Do I need to lawyer up? I am beyond frustrated.
when's your trip?

if you have a little time, remain calm, and let them try and help you and figure it out. You bought a good truck, this will get sorted out.

you paid a ton of money, it's their job to figure this out, not yours. Just stay calm, be polite and be in constant contact with the service manager.

then,>:D

if your trip comes and goes and you get screwed because Toyota can't figure out how to install a trailer brake controller in a god damn pick-up truck that is advertised to pull the space shuttle, then tell them they can keep it and buy a Ram (LOL) and it comes with this OEM

I wish you luck, nothing worse than this stupid kinda of bullshit, no matter what brand you drive

·
Registered
69 Posts
when's your trip?

if you have a little time, remain calm, and let them try and help you and figure it out. You bought a good truck, this will get sorted out.

you paid a ton of money, it's their job to figure this out, not yours. Just stay calm, be polite and be in constant contact with the service manager.

then,>:D

if your trip comes and goes and you get screwed because Toyota can't figure out how to install a trailer brake controller in a god damn pick-up truck that is advertised to pull the space shuttle, then tell them they can keep it and buy a Ram (LOL) and it comes with this OEM

I wish you luck, nothing worse than this stupid kinda of bullshit, no matter what brand you drive
Thanks man. The frustrating thing is that Toyota keeps saying that the brake controller connection is in the lower left kick plate area like previous models and it is not. I requested that the escalate the issue to a manager or engineer to get me the information I need. The dealership even confirmed that the location of that connection is not where it was.

1,251 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was pretty sure that this was the case. In emails back and forth with Toyota direct I was told that any non OEM Toyota parts would void the warranty. I asked them to send me the part numbers for the OEM wiring harness and OEM brake controller. But as we all know there are no OEM Toyota brake controllers. I am pending a response on that last email.

1,251 Posts
The part number for the controller is 89547-0C010, but there is no information on it through Toyota. I just looked it up in the parts catalog.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The part number for the controller is 89547-0C010, but there is no information on it through Toyota. I just looked it up in the parts catalog.
Interesting.
I just received a call from my dealership. They have confirmed that the wiring is on the right side behind the tow/haul button. They have told me that they are going to wire up a brake controller on one of the trucks from the lot, test it to make sure it works correctly and then they will install a brake controller on my truck at no cost. They guaranteed that it would not affect my warranty, I asked them if they could guarantee that in writing and they said that they would put it in writing. I am pleased with this, however it is irritating that Toyota USA keeps insisting that the connection is on the lower left side. I am sure they are just employees reading out of the manual, but they are giving out false information and this is not right.

1,251 Posts
It is only the part in the dash, not the harness. The harness should be there and plugs into the back of this part.

PNC 89547B in the attached picture.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
Interesting.
I just received a call from my dealership. They have confirmed that the wiring is on the right side behind the tow/haul button. They have told me that they are going to wire up a brake controller on one of the trucks from the lot, test it to make sure it works correctly and then they will install a brake controller on my truck at no cost. They guaranteed that it would not affect my warranty, I asked them if they could guarantee that in writing and they said that they would put it in writing. I am pleased with this, however it is irritating that Toyota USA keeps insisting that the connection is on the lower left side. I am sure they are just employees reading out of the manual, but they are giving out false information and this is not right.
seems like a reasonable outcome for now.

why toyota is so phucked in this brake controller and larger tank launch is beyond me, this is simple stuff.

·
Registered
69 Posts
seems like a reasonable outcome for now.

why toyota is so phucked in this brake controller and larger tank launch is beyond me, this is simple stuff.
And you would think that they would educate dealers on this, I wont be the last person with this issue. Imagine if I had to tow a work trailer to make a living and trailer brakes were required?! They need to get this corrected ASAP.

1,251 Posts
I see. Thank you for the info. Is this part available?
No sir. All goose eggs across the country.

There is an alternative that you might want to ask your dealership about. Tell them to check Associated Products for this part number: 00113-83192-01568. :)

·
Free Tire Finalist
4,610 Posts
It is only the part in the dash, not the harness. The harness should be there and plugs into the back of this part.

PNC 89547B in the attached picture.

Any more news for us 2014 owners. Will we be able to adapt this to our trucks?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts